John Cartwright may refer to:
- John Cartwright (Member of Parliament), Member of Parliament during the English Civil War
- Major John Cartwright (political reformer) (1740–1824), supporter of American independence and British political reform
- John Robert Cartwright (1895–1979), Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada
- John Cartwright (UK politician) (born 1933), former UK Labour and SDP Member of Parliament
- John Cartwright (American football coach), American football player and coach as well as Baptist pastor
- John Cartwright (rugby league) (born 1965), Australian rugby league coach and former player
- John Cartwright (footballer) (born 1940), English professional footballer with West Ham and Crystal Palace in the 1950s and 60s
- John Cartwright (lawyer), Professor of the Law of Contract at the University of Oxford
- John Solomon Cartwright (1804–1845), businessman, lawyer, judge, farmer, and political figure
Other articles related to "john, john cartwright, cartwright":
1650 - 1653, 1657 - 1659, 1661 - 1662 John Metcalfe 1653 James Veitch 1654, 1658 Sampson Waring 1655 Richard Willan 1662 Colonel William Evans 1663 Thomas Dent. 1721 - 1723 Captain Richard Hopewell 1724 - 1726 John Barber 1727 - 1729 George Clarke 1729 - 1730, 1732 John Hicks 1732 - 1734 Richard Hopewell 1735 - 1736 John Cartwright 1737 - 1739 William Cartwright ... William Barton Smoot 1782 John Cartwright, Samuel Abell, Jr ...
... Cartwright is a surname that originally means a maker of carts ... People surnamed Cartwright include Alan Cartwright (born 1945), British musician (Procol Harum) Alexander Cartwright (1820–1892), American engineer and supposed inventor of ... Cartwright, American academic, president of Kent State University (1991–2006) and Bowling Green State University (2008) Casimir Cartwright van Straubenzee (1867–1956), British soldier Christopher ...
Famous quotes containing the word cartwright:
“Im a Nova Scotia bluenose. Since I was a baby, Ive been watching men look at ships. Its easy to tell the ones they like. Youre only waiting to get her into deep water, arent youbecause shes yours.”
—John Rhodes Sturdy, Canadian screenwriter. Richard Rossen. Joyce Cartwright (Ella Raines)