James Lowther may refer to:
- Sir James Lowther, 4th Baronet (1673–1755), Member of Parliament for Appleby, Carlisle, and Cumberland
- James Lowther, 1st Earl of Lonsdale (1736–1802), electoral magnate in northern England, Member of Parliament for Cockermouth, Cumberland, Haslemere and Westmorland
- Colonel James Lowther (1753–1837), Member of Parliament for Appleby, Haslemere and Westmorland
- James Lowther (1840–1904), Tory politician and sportsman, sometime Chief Secretary for Ireland, Member of Parliament for the Isle of Thanet, Lincolnshire North, and York
- James Lowther, 1st Viscount Ullswater (1855–1949), Conservative politician and Speaker of the House of Commons
Other articles related to "james lowther, lowther, james":
... Colonel James Lowther (23 February 1753 – 1837) was a British soldier and Tory politician ... Henry Lowther, rector of Aikton, and Dorothy Tatham ... Lancelot Lowther, rector of Long Marston and son of Sir Christopher Lowther (1557–1617) ...
... in 1954, and in that year he married his cousin Jennifer Lowther, granddaughter of James Lowther, 1st Viscount Ullswater, with whom he had a son and two daughters ... His eldest son Hugh Clayton Lowther succeeded him as the 8th Earl of Lonsdale ...
... Fitzjames May 1659 Carew Raleigh John Goodwin April 1660 John Westbrooke Richard West March 1661 James Gresham Chaloner Chute May 1661 George Evelyn Thomas Morrice 1675 Sir William More, Bt 1679 James Gresham 1680 ...
Famous quotes containing the word james:
“Philosophy is at once the most sublime and the most trivial of human pursuits. It works in the minutest crannies and it opens out the widest vistas. It bakes no bread, as has been said, but it can inspire our souls with courage.”
—William James (18421910)