Commercial design encompasses a wide range of sub specialties.
- Retail: includes malls and shopping centres, department stores, specialty stores, visual merchandising and showrooms.
- Visual and Spatial Branding: The use of space as a media to express the Corporate Brand
- Corporate: office design for any kind of business
- Healthcare: the design of hospitals, assisted living facilities, medical offices, dentist offices, psychiatric facilities, laboratories, medical specialist facilities
- Hospitality and Recreation: includes hotels, motels, resorts, cafes, bars, restaurants, health clubs and spas, etc.
- Institutional: government offices, financial institutions (banks and credit unions), schools and universities, religious facilities, etc.
- Industrial facilities: manufacturing and training facilities as well as import and export facilities.
Famous quotes containing the word commercial:
“It is only by not paying ones bills that one can hope to live in the memory of the commercial classes.”
—Oscar Wilde (18541900)
“If men could menstruate ... clearly, menstruation would become an enviable, boast-worthy, masculine event: Men would brag about how long and how much.... Sanitary supplies would be federally funded and free. Of course, some men would still pay for the prestige of such commercial brands as Paul Newman Tampons, Muhammed Alis Rope-a-Dope Pads, John Wayne Maxi Pads, and Joe Namath Jock ShieldsFor Those Light Bachelor Days.”
—Gloria Steinem (b. 1934)