The Rooms of the House of Understanding include:
- The Room of Faces; and
- The Room of Feet:
- These two Rooms teach applicants how to recognize body language and how to hide their own emotions by changing their facial expression and stance. Actors and dancers learn their talents in these rooms. In the Room of Faces, students learn various methods of understanding body language.
"The subtleties of bodily communication - the way secrets revealed themselves in an enemy's eyes, how to differentiate traces of worry from consternation or fatigue in the lines around a lovers mouth."
- The Room of Arms:
- Students of this Room learn skill with weapons and hand-to-hand combat. Different combat forms are taught there, including the Dancing Arms style. Warriors and soldiers study in this Room, as well as Runelords who seek to improve their skills.
- The Room of Hands; and
- The Room of Gold:
- In these two rooms, merchant princes and traders learn of money: how to best calculate and increase a businesses profit.
- The Room of the Heart:
- Frequented by troubadours and philosophers, students of this Room learn of the workings of the human mind and heart.
- The Room of Dreams:
- Students of the Room of Dreams learn of man's motivations and desires. The teachings of this Room are considered too powerful to place in the hands of a Runelord, and are forbidden. Only those of the order of the Days may learn here.
Read more about this topic: House Of Understanding
Other articles related to "rooms, room":
... Aiming to cater to a range of tastes, rooms were given unusual names such as the Yahoo, Love Nest, Old Mill, Kona Rock, Irish Hills, Cloud Nine, Just Heaven, Hearts Flowers, Rock Bottom, Austrian Suite, Cabin ... Some rooms are grouped in themes ... For example, the rooms, "Ren", "Dez, and "Vous" are a play on the French word, rendezvous, and "Merry", "Go", and "Round", for an amusement park carousel ...
... The hotel rooms are located in several buildings including The main hotel building, with 5,044 rooms (4,293 rooms and 751 suites) including the SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand with 51 lofts located on the top two ...
19 Classrooms 5 Science Rooms 1 Music Room 2 Art Rooms 1 Library 2 Gymnasiums 2 Technology Rooms 1 Resource Room 2 Special Education 1 Family Studies Room 1 ...
... The resort opened May 17, 1991 as Disney's Port Orleans Resort with 432 guest rooms in three guest buildings and expanded to its current 1,008 rooms in seven 3-story guest buildings ...
24 1958 upon the completion of its first twelve rooms ... Demand was sufficient to expand to forty rooms in 1959, and the Inn facility was constructed in 1960 ... It reopened a year later, and by the end of the decade, all of the rooms had been rebuilt in the unique and ornate style they are known for today ...
Famous quotes containing the word rooms:
“I was a closet pacifier advocate. So were most of my friends. Unknown to our mothers, we owned thirty or forty of those little suckers that were placed strategically around the house so a cry could be silenced in less than thirty seconds. Even though bottles were boiled, rooms disinfected, and germs fought one on one, no one seemed to care where the pacifier had been.”
—Erma Bombeck (20th century)
“In soliciting donations from his flock, a preacher may promise eternal life in a celestial city whose streets are paved with gold, and thats none of the laws business. But if he promises an annual free stay in a luxury hotel on Earth, hed better have the rooms available.”
—Unknown. Charlotte Observer (October 6, 1989)
“I see slip to the curb the long machines
Out of whose warm and windowed rooms pirouette
Shellacked with silk and light
The hard legs of our women.”
—Karl Shapiro (b. 1913)