(Almost all her books were first published by John Murray in London.)
- Baghdad Sketches (1932. The Times Press Ltd, Baghdad) (first London edition 1937)
- The Valleys of the Assassins and Other Persian Travels (1934)
- The Southern Gates of Arabia A Journey in the Hadhramaut (1936)
- Seen in the Hadhramaut (1938)
- A Winter in Arabia (1940)
- Letters from Syria (1942)
- East is West (1945)
- Perseus in the Wind (1948).
- Traveller's Prelude (1950)
- Beyond Euphrates. Autobiography 1928-1933 (1951)
- The Coast of Incense: autobiography 1933-1939 (1953)
- Ionia, A Quest (1954)
- The Lycian Shore (1956)
- Alexander's Path: From Caria to Cilicia (1958)
- Riding to the Tigris (1959)
- Dust in the Lion's Paw. Autobiography 1939-1946 (1961)
- Rome on the Euphrates: The Story of a Frontier (1966)
- The Zodiac Arch (1968)
- Space, Time and Movement in Landscape (1969)
- The Minaret of Djam: An Excursion into Afghanistan (1970)
- Turkey A Sketch of Turkish History (1971)
- Letters, ed. L. Moorehead (8 vols, 1974-82)
- A Peak in Darien (1976)
- The Journey's Echo: Selected Travel Writings (1988. Ecco) ISBN 0-88001-218-8
- Over the Rim of the World: selected letters, ed. C. Moorehead (1988)
Read more about this topic: Freya Stark
Other articles related to "writings":
... Worlds October, 1959) "The Subways of Tazoo" (New Writings in SF 3) "The Pen and the Dark" (New Writings in SF 8) "Getaway from Getawehi" (New Writings in SF 16) "The Black Hole of Negrav" (New Writings in SF 25) ...
... philosophical expression to the main principles of the Enlightenment in his writings and teaching ... two occupying states—Austria-Hungary and Turkey—and through his writings and teaching sought to reform the educational system in both empires ... only in the work of the teachers of philosophy but also in poems, folk songs, scientific writings, and (later) in revolutionary political pamphlets ...
... Lenin's death, the USSR selectively censored his writings, to establish the dogma of the infallibility of Lenin, Stalin (his successor), and the Central Committee thus, the Soviet fifth ...
... New Writings in SF 7 (1966) New Writings in SF 9 (1966) New Writings in SF 11 (1968) New Writings in SF 16 (1969) New Writings in SF 21 (1972) ...
Famous quotes containing the word writings:
“In this part of the world it is considered a ground for complaint if a mans writings admit of more than one interpretation.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“For character, to prepare for the inevitable I recommend selections from [Ralph Waldo] Emerson. His writings have done for me far more than all other reading.”
—Rutherford Birchard Hayes (18221893)
“Accursed who brings to light of day
The writings I have cast away.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)