Ferber or Faerber are spelling variants of Färber, a German surname and profession (dyer):
- Albert Ferber (1911–1987), a Swiss pianist
- Albert Ferber (wrestler) (1923–2010), a German wrestler
- Edna Ferber (1885–1968), an American novelist, author and playwright
- Ferdinand Ferber (1862–1909), a French Army captain who played an important role in the development of aeroplanes
- Herbert Ferber (1906–1991), an American sculptor and painter
- Jay Faerber, an American comic book writer
- John Ferber, a co-founder of Advertising.com
- Markus Ferber (born 1965), a German politician
- Marianne Ferber (born 1923), an American feminist economist and author
- Mauritius Ferber (1471–1537), a bishop of Ermland
- Mel Ferber (1922–2003), an Emmy-nominated TV director and producer
- Nicolaus Ferber (1485–1534), a German Franciscan and controversialist
- Richard Ferber, an American physician, inventor of the Ferber method
- Tzvi Hirsch Ferber (1879–1966), a Rabbi
- Brenda A. Ferber (born 1969), an American children's book author
Read more about Ferber: Färber
Other articles related to "ferber":
... Mel Ferber (October 2, 1922 – June 19, 2003) was a television director and producer, who oversaw the live two-hour TV presentation of Wonderful Town and the pilot for 60 Minutes and other shows ... Ferber was an executive producer of Good Morning America ...
... The 1950s brought renewed interest in Edna Ferber's works ... competed to film Ferber novels, Warner producing Ice Palace from a later novel, and MGM remaking Cimarron ... These marked the end of the Ferber adaptations, at least until 2008 ...
... a Dutch-Surinamese football player Other uses Ferber IX or Antoinette III, an early experimental aircraft designed by Ferdinand Ferber Ferber method or Ferberization, a technique ... Richard Ferber to solve infant sleep problems New York v ... Ferber, a United States Supreme Court decision ...
... As soloist with orchestra, Ferber played several concertos by Mozart and Beethoven as well as the first, second and fourth of the Rachmaninoff concertos, the second by Chopin, Mendelssohn and Camille ... Ferber was most active as a solo recitalist, the pianist's repertoire being extensive and wide-ranging ... Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin, Rachmaninoff and Schubert, Ferber played many lesser-known twentieth century works such as the piano sonatas by Ernest Bloch, Frank Bridge and Robert ...
... Orson Welles broadcast a dramatic hourlong version of the Ferber novel in which he played the role of Captain Andy, and author Edna Ferber made her acting debut as Parthy ... Based only on Ferber's novel, it was dramatised by Moya O'Shea, produced/directed by Tracey Neale and starred Lysette Anthony as Kim, Samantha Spiro as Magnolia, Laurel Lefkow as Party ...
Famous quotes containing the word ferber:
“If American politics are too dirty for women to take part in, theres something wrong with American politics.”
—Edna Ferber (18871968)
“As artists theyre rot, but as providers theyre oil wells; they gush. Norris said she never wrote a story unless it was fun to do. I understand Ferber whistles at her typewriter. And there was that poor sucker Flaubert rolling around on his floor for three days looking for the right word.”
—Dorothy Parker (18931967)
“A woman can look both moral and excitingif she also looks as if it was quite a struggle.”
—Edna Ferber (18871968)