Dyer may refer to:
- dyer (occupation), a person who is involved in dyeing
- Dyer, Arkansas, a town
- Dyer, Indiana, a town
- Dyer (Amtrak station)
- Dyer, Nevada, a village
- Dyer, Tennessee, a city
- Dyer, West Virginia, an unincorporated community
- Dyer County, Tennessee
- Dyer Bay, Maine
- Dyer River, Maine
- Dyer Plateau, Palmer Land, Antarctica
- Dyer Point, Ellsworth Land, Antarctica
- Dyer Island (disambiguation), several islands
- Dyer Avenue (disambiguation), two streets, one in New York, the other in Hong Kong
- Camp Dyer, Rhode Island, a temporary camp used during the Spanish American War
- Dyer State Wayside, a rest stop in Oregon
- 78434 Dyer, an asteroid
- Dyer (surname)
- Dyer Ball (1796-1866), American missionary and doctor in China
- Dyer Lum (1839-1893), American anarchist labor activist and poet
- Dyer Pearl (1857-1930), American businessman
- USS Dyer (DD-84), a United States Navy destroyer
- Dyer Observatory, an astronomical observatory in Brentwood, Tennessee, owned and operated by Vanderbilt University
- Dyer baronets, two baronetcies in the Baronetage of England
- Dyer Boats, built in Warren, Rhode Island
- DYER-TV, a Philippine television station
Other articles related to "dyer":
... Syd Dyer (born 25 May 1916, date of death unknown), also referred to as Sid Dyer, was an Australian rules footballer who played for North Melbourne in the Victorian Football League (VFL) ... Dyer twice finished equal sixth in the annual Brownlow Medal count, first in 1939 and again in 1946 ...
... Dyer (October 15, 1834 – November 25, 1905) was a United States federal judge ... Born in Cicero, New York, Dyer read law to enter the bar in 1857 ... On February 10, 1875, Dyer was nominated by President Ulysses Grant to a seat on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin vacated by James Henry ...
... Dyer is a small town in Fish Lake Valley, Esmeralda County, Nevada with a population of 259 as of the 2010 census ... Dyer is located on State Route 264, near Nevada's border with California ...
... (Stephen E Dyer, Aurora CO.) Dycer Dycercraft. ...
... Benjamin Dyer (1778–1823), Virginia House Delegate 1819–1822 ... Father of Benjamin Dyer, Jr ... Benjamin Dyer, Jr ...
Famous quotes containing the word dyer:
“My mind to me a kingdom is;
Such present joys therein I find
That it excels all other bliss
That earth affords or grows by kind.
Though much I want which most would have,
Yet still my mind forbids to crave.”
—Sir Edward Dyer (c. 15401607)
“Below me trees unnumbered rise,
Beautiful in various dyes:
The gloomy pine, the poplar blue,
The yellow beech, the sable yew,
The slender fir that taper grows,
The sturdy oak with broad-spread boughs.”
—John Dyer (16991758)