Dominance may refer to:
- Dominance (C++), an aspect of virtual inheritance in the C++ programming language
- Dominance (economics), in economics, the degree of inequality in market share distribution
- Strategic dominance, in game theory, when one strategy is better for one opponent regardless of the other opponent's strategy
- Dominance hierarchy or social hierarchy, an organizational form by which individuals within a community control the distribution of resources within the community
- Dominance and submission, set of behaviors, customs, and rituals in an erotic or lifestyle context
Other articles related to "dominance":
... Space inside the nest may also be divided as a result of dominance interactions ... Through a series of dominance interactions, the most aggressive wasp will emerge as the dominant individual and will become the primary egg-layer for the ... There is evidence that these dominance interactions affect the spatial zones individuals occupy as well ...
... Lateral dominance of the hypoglossal nerve conveying messages from the brain to the syrinx was first observed in the 1970s ... This lateral dominance was determined in a breed of canary, the waterschlager canary, bred for its long and complex song, by lesioning the ipsilateral ... was disabled, indicating left syringeal dominance of song production in these canaries ...
... Strategic dominance, a method of simplification for games ... Stochastic dominance, a situation in which one lottery (a probability distribution of outcomes) can be ranked as superior to another, with only limited knowledge of preferences Dominance ...
... Holly and Argon took dominance till 2000 ... After Holly died Risca took dominance with Beetle ... Izit won dominance over Basil, despite Basil being older ...
... Stochastic dominance is a stochastic ordering used in decision theory ... Several "orders" of stochastic dominance are defined ... Zeroth order stochastic dominance consists of simple inequality if for all states of nature ...
Famous quotes containing the word dominance:
“Imperialism is capitalism at that stage of development at which the dominance of monopolies and finance capitalism is established; in which the export of capital has acquired pronounced importance; in which the division of the world among the international trusts has begun, in which the division of all territories of the globe among the biggest capitalist powers has been completed.”
—Vladimir Ilyich Lenin (18701924)
“It is better for a woman to compete impersonally in society, as men do, than to compete for dominance in her own home with her husband, compete with her neighbors for empty status, and so smother her son that he cannot compete at all.”
—Betty Friedan (b. 1921)