- Green development, a concept that includes consideration of community-wide or regional environmental implications
- Land development, altering the landscape in any number of ways
- Mixed-use development, the practice of allowing more than one type of use in a building or set of buildings
- Real estate development, a business encompassing activities from renovation to the purchase of raw land
- Subdivision (land), or a development, a piece of land divided from a larger portion for sale or further development
- Urban planning, or development, integrates land use planning and transportation planning to improve communities
- Transit-oriented development, a mixed-use residential or commercial area designed to maximize access to public transport
Read more about this topic: Development
Other articles related to "land use, lands, land":
... Maize, mustard and wheat are generally the main crops grown in the agricultural lands of the catchment ... In recent years, land use pattern has changed with more land used for horticulture and also diversion of land for construction purposes ...
... David D ... Mallory began commercial mining of the hill's silica in 1870 (Haynes and Boylan 1976) the quarry closed when the Mashantucket Pequots acquired the land in 1994 ...
... The extent, and type of land use directly affects wildlife habitat and thereby impacts local and global biodiversity ... Land conversion is the single greatest cause of extinction of terrestrial species ... An example of land conversion being a chief cause of the critically endangered status of a carnivore is the reduction in habitat for the African Wild Dog, Lycaon pictus.) Of particular concern is deforestation, where ...
Famous quotes containing the word land:
“I had crossed de line of which I had so long been dreaming. I was free; but dere was no one to welcome me to de land of freedom. I was a stranger in a strange land, and my home after all was down in de old cabin quarter, wid de ole folks, and my brudders and sisters. But to dis solemn resolution I came; I was free, and dey should be free also; I would make a home for dem in de North, and de Lord helping me, I would bring dem all dere.”
—Harriet Tubman (c. 18201913)
“And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.”
—Bible: Hebrew Exodus, 3:8.