A control room is a room serving as an operations centre where a facility or service can be monitored and controlled. Examples include:
- in television production, the master control is the technical hub of a broadcast operation common among most over-the-air television stations, television networks and color suites.
- each recording studio typically has its own control room where the recording is actually made;
- a NASA flight controller works in a "flight control room" in a mission control center; affiliated facilities such as the Jet Propulsion Laboratory have their own control rooms;
- Nuclear power plants, Particle accelerator laboratories, and other power-generating stations, many oil refineries and chemical plants have control rooms, sometimes also serving as an area of refuge;
- Various military facilities, ranging in scale from a missile silo to NORAD, have control rooms.
- Call centers use a control room to monitor incoming and outgoing communications of customer service representatives and provide general oversight of the call center.
- Fire service control rooms (UK) see: FiReControl for article about nine new regional control rooms to handle emergency calls in England.
Other articles related to "control room, room, rooms, control, control rooms":
... Transmission control room (TCR) or 'transmission suite', or 'Tx room', or "presentation" is a room at broadcast facilities and television stations around the world ... Compared to a Master Control Room, it's usually smaller in size and is a scaled down version of centralcasting ... The TX Room or Presentation suite are staffed 24x7 by Presentation Coordinators and Tape Operators and is fitted out with video play out systems often using server based broadcast automation ...
... The TARDIS interior has an unknown number of rooms and corridors ... as its living metal circuitry allows it to generate more rooms as and when they are needed. 2010), a greenhouse, bathroom, a telescope, a baby room, a toy room, a library, a swimming pool, a medical bay, several squash courts, and several brick-walled storage ...
... recording and mixing studios and 4 production rooms and is the largest independent recording facility in Europe ... Studio A Studio A is the larger of the two tracking rooms at Metropolis Studios ... The 60m2 control room houses an SSL 9072 'J' series console with Genelec1035A main monitors ...
... Turbine Hall Turbine Hall Turbine Hall Control Room Control Room Control Room Frequency Synchronization Instrumentation Santralİstanbul ...
... A control room can, at times, be designated as an area of refuge, particularly in high risk facilities, such as a nuclear power station or a petrochemical facility, as an accidental ... guarantee of functionality of the items they are intended to control for the anticipated design-basis fire event ... It is not unusual to provide control rooms with gaseous fire suppression systems to safeguard its contents and occupants ...
Famous quotes containing the words room and/or control:
“Its an indulgence to sit in a room and discuss your beliefs as if they were a juicy piece of gossip.”
—Lillian Hellman (19071984)
“The glance is natural magic. The mysterious communication established across a house between two entire strangers, moves all the springs of wonder. The communication by the glance is in the greatest part not subject to the control of the will. It is the bodily symbol of identity with nature. We look into the eyes to know if this other form is another self, and the eyes will not lie, but make a faithful confession what inhabitant is there.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)