Choke may refer to:
- Choking, obstruction of airflow into the lungs
- Choke (horse), a condition in horses in which the esophagus is blocked
- Choking game, a schoolyard game involving deprivation of oxygen to the brain
- Chokehold, a grappling hold performed on the neck that serves to render the opponent unconscious
- Choke (sports), a failure to win a competition after being expected to do so
Other articles related to "choke, chokes":
... In firearms, a choke is a tapered constriction of the gun barrel's bore at the muzzle end, almost always used with shotguns ... The exit end of the choke is smaller by some dimension than the actual bore of the barrel ... Generally the ranges for chokes will be 0.00-1.15 mm (0.00-0.045 inch), while the constriction for turkey chokes may be as much as 2.50 mm (0.10 inch) ...
... Choke Yasuoka (born 1973), wheelchair racer Choke pear (disambiguation), a variety of pear and a variety of gag Chokecherry, a suckering shrub or small tree, a species of bird cherry Chowk (d ...
Famous quotes containing the word choke:
“Most modern reproducers of life, even including the camera, really repudiate it. We gulp down evil, choke at good.”
—Wallace Stevens (18791955)
“Now tis the spring, and weeds are shallow-rooted;
Suffer them now, and theyll outgrow the garden,
And choke the herbs for want of husbandry.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)