Cartwright is the occupation of making and repairing carts (a wainwright). It can also refer to:
- Edmund Cartwright, English clergyman and inventor of the power loom.
- John Robert Cartwright, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada (1967-1970).
- Justin Cartwright, British Novelist, born 1945.
- George Cartwright (trader) (1739–1819), British trader and explorer of Labrador
- George Cartwright (VC) (1894–1978), Australian recipient of the Victoria Cross
- George Cartwright (musician), American musician, band-leader, founder of jazz-rock band Curlew
- Hilton Cartwright (born 1992), Zimbabwean-Australian cricketer
- Cartwright, Manitoba, Canada
- Cartwright, New South Wales, Australia
- Cartwright, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Cartwright, North Dakota, United States
- Cartwright, Oklahoma, United States
- Cartwright Sound, Queen Charlotte Islands, British Columbia, Canada
- Cartwright (transfusion), a blood antigen system
In other uses:
- Cartwright Airport, an airport in Cartwright, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Cartwright Hall, an art gallery in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
- Cartwright High School, in Blackstock, Ontario
- Cartwright Inquiry, an investigation into medical malpractive in New Zealand
- Cartwright Point, Ontario, a neighbourhood of Kingston, Ontario Canada
- Cartwright (surname)
Other articles related to "cartwright":
... Lionel Cartwright is the self-titled debut album from American country music singer Lionel Cartwright ... of Allmusic rated the album four-and-a-half stars out of five, saying that out of Cartwright's three albums, it was "still his best." ...
... Rawson, Christopher Stephen, Cartwright (1979) ... Rawson, Christopher Stephen, Cartwright ... Rawson, Christopher Stephen, Cartwright ...
... Cartwright Sound is a sound on the southwest coast of Graham Island in the Queen Charlotte Islands of the North Coast of British Columbia, Canada ... It was named by Captain George Vancouver in honour of John Cartwright, then serving in the Royal Navy under Admiral Howe and later a noted political and social ...
... Cartwright is an unincorporated community in northwestern McKenzie County, North Dakota, United States ... The community is named for Samuel George Cartwright, a rancher, trapper, and hunter, who was the first settler in the area ...
... Stephen Cartwright (28 December 1947 – 12 February 2004) was a British children's book illustrator who illustrated more than 150 books which sold ... Cartwright was born in Bolton in the United Kingdom and studied at Rochdale College of Art before moving to London where he trained at Central Saint Martins College of ... was closely associated with Usborne Publishing, whose First Thousand Words series was Cartwright's first international success and was translated into 55 languages ...
Famous quotes containing the word cartwright:
“Im a Nova Scotia bluenose. Since I was a baby, Ive been watching men look at ships. Its easy to tell the ones they like. Youre only waiting to get her into deep water, arent youbecause shes yours.”
—John Rhodes Sturdy, Canadian screenwriter. Richard Rossen. Joyce Cartwright (Ella Raines)
“There are two births: the one when light
First strikes the new awakened sense;
The other when two souls unite,
And we must count our life from thence,
When you loved me and I loved you,
Then both of us were born anew.”
—William Cartwright (16111643)