Ashes may refer to:
- The Ashes, the Test cricket series between England and Australia
- The Ashes (rugby league), the rugby league Test series between Great Britain and Australia
- The Women's Ashes, the women's Test cricket series between England and Australia
- Ashes (Tristania album)
- Ashes (The Prophecy album)
- Ashes (Josh Woodward album)
- Ashes, a 1985 album by Christian Death
- Ashes, a 2008 album by Two Steps From Hell
- Ashes (band), a hardcore punk band from Washington, D.C.
- Ashes, a 1894 painting by Edvard Munch
- Ashes (film), a film by director Andrzej Wajda
- Ashes (film), a 2010 film by director Ajay Naidu
- Ashes (novel), a novel by novelist Stefan Żeromski
- Ashes : Poems New & Old, a book by Philip Levine
- Ashes (play), a play by David Rudkin
- "Ashes" (Embrace song)
- "Ashes" (Pain of Salvation song)
- "Ashes", a song from Trivium's album Ember to Inferno
- "Ashes", a song from KT Tunstall's album KT Tunstall's Acoustic Extravaganza
- "Ashes", a song from Witchery's album Don't Fear the Reaper (album)
- "Ashes", a song from Five Finger Death Punch's album The Way of the Fist
- The ash remaining after cremation
- Repenting "in sackcloth and ashes" is mentioned in the Gospel of Matthew 11:21, King James version of the Bible
- Sackcloth 'n' Ashes, a 1996 album
Other articles related to "ashes":
... Little Ashes premiered at the 16th annual Raindance Film Festival in London ... Little Ashes premiered in the U.S ... Fans built in depth websites like The Little Ashes Promo Blitz and started grassroots efforts to get theaters to play the movie ...
... Furst Lucifer Rising Live albums Live Doomed for Live - Reunion 2002 No Sleep 'til Athens Ashes to Ashes Compilation Albums As It Is, As It Was Diamonds of Doom Singles "Solitude ...
... "Ashes To Ashes '93" is an updated version of the song "Ashes to Ashes" found on the band's first single of the same name ...
... Legacy of Ashes The History of the CIA is a 2007 book by Tim Weiner ... Legacy of Ashes is a detailed history of the Central Intelligence Agency from its creation after World War II, through the Cold War years and the War on Terror ... Legacy of Ashes won the 2007 National Book Award for Nonfiction ...
Famous quotes containing the word ashes:
“We therefore commit his body to the ground; earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; in sure and certain hope of the Resurrection.”
—The Burial Service, Book of Common Prayer (1662)
“We too are ashes as we watch and hear
The psalm, the sorrow, and the simple praise
Of one whose promised thoughts of other days
Were such as ours, but now wholly destroyed,
The service record of his youth wiped out,
His dream dispersed by shot, must disappear.”
—Karl Shapiro (b. 1913)
“Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound.
He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;”
—Clement Clarke Moore (17791863)