Apt may refer to:
- Apt, Vaucluse, a commune of the Vaucluse département of France
- Arrondissement of Apt, an arrondissement in the Vaucluse département of France
- Apt, Poland; Yiddish language designation for Opatow
- Jerome Apt, Ph.D. (born 1949), an American astronaut
- Leonard Apt, inventor of the Apt test
- Apt Records, a subsidiary record label of ABC-Paramount Records
- Apt test, a medical test used to differentiate fetal or neonatal blood from maternal blood
- Apartment, a self-contained housing unit that occupies only part of a building
- Apt meteorite of 1803, which fell in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France (see Meteorite falls)
- Apt. (album), an album by Chilean singer Nicole
- Airport, abbreviated to apt
- APT, acronym for Advanced Portfolio Technologies, a provider of risk management systems and portfolio optimization software for asset managers, hedge funds, pension funds, broker/dealers and proprietary traders, acquired by SunGard Financial Systems on March 5, 2008.
Other articles related to "apt":
... Las Colinas APT travelling toward Bell Tower/Mandalay Canal Station Las Colinas APT travelling toward Tower on Lake Carolyn Station APT guideway and Tracks1/2 ...
... contrasted with the arbitrage pricing theory (APT), which holds that the expected return of a financial asset can be modeled as a linear function of various macro-economic factors ... The APT is less restrictive in its assumptions it allows for a statistical model of asset returns, and assumes that each investor will hold a unique portfolio with ... Unlike the CAPM, the APT, however, does not itself reveal the identity of its priced factors - the number and nature of these factors is likely to ...
... Saint Castor of Apt (died ca. 420) was a bishop of Apt, bishop of in Gaul ... He was subsequently made bishop of Apt ...
... apt-file is a command in the Advanced Packaging Tool family that allows you to find which package includes a specific file ... Additionally apt-file can be used to list all files included in a package without installing or downloading it ...
Famous quotes containing the word apt:
“To make an apt answer is a joy to anyone, and a word in season, how good it is!”
—Bible: Hebrew, Proverbs 15:23.
“My love is thine to teach; teach it but how,
And thou shalt see how apt it is to learn
Any hard lesson that may do thee good.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“The moral qualities are more apt to grow when a human being is useful, and they increase in the woman who helps to support the family rather than in the one who gives herself to idleness and fashionable frivolities.”
—Elizabeth Cady Stanton (18151902)