The Dynamic Runtime Layer virtual machine consists of the following components:
- The VM core: with its subcomponents concentrates most of the JVM control functions.
- The porting layer: hides platform-specific details from other VM components behind a single interface and is based on the Apache Portable Runtime layer.
- The garbage collector: allocates Java objects in the heap memory and reclaims unreachable objects using various algorithms
- Execution Manager: selects the execution engine for compiling a method, handles profiles and the dynamic recompilation logic.
- Class Library: is a Java standard library.
- The thread manager that handle operating system threading
- The execution engine: consists of the following:
- The just-in-time compiler for compilation and execution of method code.
- The interpreter for easier debugging.
Other articles related to "architecture":
... link between early-twentieth-century art and architecture is widely accepted ... practices in painting, sculpture and architecture had early ramifications in France, Germany, the Netherlands and Czechoslovakia ... points of intersection between Cubism and architecture, only a few direct links between them can be drawn ...
15, 1879) was a German architect, art critic, and professor of architecture, who designed and built the Semper Opera House in Dresden between 1838 and 1841 ... Semper wrote extensively about the origins of architecture, especially in his book The Four Elements of Architecture from 1851, and he was one of the major figures in the ...
... He subsequently studied architecture in 1825 at the University of Munich under Friedrich von Gärtner ... Between 1830 and 1833 he travelled to Italy and Greece in order to study the architecture and designs of antiquity ... Architectur und Plastik bei den Alten (Preliminary Remarks on Polychrome Architecture and Sculpture in Antiquity), in which he took a strong position in favor of polychromy ...
... The principal advantage of the pure Harvard architecture—simultaneous access to more than one memory system—has been reduced by modified Harvard processors using modern CPU cache systems ... Relatively pure Harvard architecture machines are used mostly in applications where tradeoffs, such as the cost and power savings from omitting caches, outweigh the ... with no cache, and take advantage of the Harvard architecture to speed processing by concurrent instruction and data access ...
... Information architecture (IA) is the art and science of organizing and labelling websites, intranets, online communities and software to support usability ... on bringing together principles of design and architecture to the digital landscape ...
Famous quotes containing the word architecture:
“And when his hours are numbered, and the world
Is all his own, retiring, as he were not,
Leaves, when the sun appears, astonished Art
To mimic in slow structures, stone by stone,
Built in an age, the mad winds night-work,
The frolic architecture of the snow.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“No architecture is so haughty as that which is simple.”
—John Ruskin (18191900)
“Art is a jealous mistress, and if a man have a genius for painting, poetry, music, architecture or philosophy, he makes a bad husband and an ill provider, and should be wise in season and not fetter himself with duties which will embitter his days and spoil him for his proper work.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)