- The Bible Code (1997): According to purported codes hidden in the Torah, the apocalypse was to have occurred in 2006. Nuclear wars, major destructive earthquakes, etc., were predicted for 2006 based on Bible Codes.
- Kid Gravity: According to Penny Galactica's robot UNI, the first year we build cities on Mars.
- Set in 2006:
- Driver: Parallel Lines (2006): The first half of the game is set in 1978; the second half is set in 2006.
- BattleTanx: Global Assault (1999)
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (2004)
- Perfect Dark (2000) had the "Carrington Institute" created in 2006.
- Garou: Mark of the Wolves (1999)
- Dead Rising (2006)
- Tales of the Abyss (2006)
- Seven Ancient Wonders by Matthew Reilly (2005): March 20 is the day of the coming of Tartarus.
- Briefcase Full of Blues by the Blues Brothers (1978): On the opening track "I Can't Turn You Loose," Elwood Blues laments that the blues will exist only in the classical music records department of your local public library by 2006.
- "When I'm Sixty-Four" was written by Paul McCartney when he was a teenager in the 1950s, but wasn't recorded until late 1966 when his own father turned 64; it was released in 1967 on the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album; McCartney turned 64 on June 18, 2006.
- Doctor Who:
- "Aliens of London" and "World War Three" (both 2005): Set in March
- "Boom Town" (2005): Set in September
- "The Christmas Invasion" (2005): Set on December 24-December 25
- Jeremiah (2002–2004): A viral plague kills every human being that has entered puberty, leaving only children alive.
- Life on Mars (2006–2007): Central character Sam Tyler travels in time from 2006 to 1973.
- South Park ("My Future Self n' Me," 2002): An actor portraying a future version of Stan Marsh tells his younger counterpart that he'll be sent to juvenile hall sometime during the course of the year.
- The West Wing: on November 8, Congressman Matt Santos of Texas defeats Senator Arnold Vinick of California in the 2006 US presidential election.
- General Hospital: on November 16, Luke and Laura celebrate their 25th anniversary by remarrying.
Read more about this topic: 2006
Other articles related to "in fiction, fiction":
... Hugh is the protagonist portrayed in the 2007 historical fiction novel Hugh and Bess, by author Susan Higginbotham ...
6, 1905 - February 28, 1978) was a British author best known for his science fiction novels and short stories ... Campbell's Astounding Science Fiction and other pulp magazines ... Russell also wrote horror fiction for Weird Tales, and non-fiction articles on Fortean topics ...
... Thomas Mann in his novel Doctor Faustus (1943) has the fictional German composer Adrian Leverkühn attempt to write an opera on Love's Labour's Lost. ...
Famous quotes containing the word fiction:
“Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isnt.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)
“The purpose of a work of fiction is to appeal to the lingering after-effects in the readers mind as differing from, say, the purpose of oratory or philosophy which respectively leave people in a fighting or thoughtful mood.”
—F. Scott Fitzgerald (18961940)