Names and People
- Yu People (俞族), one's kind of ethnic groups in China in ancient China
- Yú people (余族), one's kind of ethnic groups in China in ancient China
- Yu (Chinese name), 余, 于, 魚, 鱼, 漁, 渔, 楀, 柳, 劉, 刘, 俞, 喻, 兪, 於, 遇, 虞, 郁, 尉, 禹, 游, 尤, 庾, 娛, 娱
- Yoo (Korean name) 兪, 庾, 劉, 柳, a common Korean family name
- Yu, common of Liu (劉, 柳, 留, 廖, 六, 俞, 兪), Ryu (柳), Lyu (呂)
- Yú (Yeo), common surname of Yú (余), Yú (餘), Lü (呂) Yang (楊)
- Yu the Great (禹 or 大禹), the founder of the Xia dynasty
- Yū, a Japanese given name including Yu and Yuu, Yui
- Jiyuan Yu, a moral philosopher noted for his work on virtue ethics
Read more about this topic: YU
Other articles related to "names, name, people, names and people":
... PAGASA assigns names to tropical depressions that form within their area of responsibility and any tropical cyclone that might move into their area of responsibility ... If the list of names would have been insufficient, an auxiliary list of ten names were also published ... Names that were not assigned are marked in gray ...
... were also a "Grain Coast", a "Gold Coast", and a "Slave Coast", and, like those three, the name "Ivory Coast" reflected the major trade that occurred on that particular ... Other names for the coast included the Côte de Dents, literally "Teeth Coast", again reflecting the trade in ivory the Côte de Quaqua, after the people that the ... One can find the name Cote de(s) Dents regularly used in older works ...
... Names are selected from the following sequential list, there is no annual list ... Names were contributed by 13 members of the ESCAP/WMO Typhoon Committee, except for Singapore ... The 13 nations or territories, along with Micronesia, each submitted 10 names, which are used in alphabetical order by the English name of the country ...
... Brandon (given name), a male given name Brandon (surname), a surname with several different origins ...
... Variable names, function names, and statement labels have the same form, a letter followed by zero to five letters or digits ... Function names end with a period ... All names can be subscripted (the name followed by parentheses, with multiple subscripts separated by commas) ...
Famous quotes containing the words people and/or names:
“Theres so few people in this town with a conscience.”
—Blake Edwards (b. 1922)
“All nationalisms are at heart deeply concerned with names: with the most immaterial and original human invention. Those who dismiss names as a detail have never been displaced; but the peoples on the peripheries are always being displaced. That is why they insist upon their continuitytheir links with their dead and the unborn.”
—John Berger (b. 1926)