Winter Soldier may refer to:
- Winter Soldier Investigation, an inquiry into American war crimes during the Vietnam War, held in 1971
- Winter Soldier (film), a 1972 documentary film chronicling the Winter Soldier Investigation
- Winter Soldier: Iraq & Afghanistan, an inquiry into American war crimes during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, held in 2008
- Winter Soldier (comics), an alias of Bucky Barnes, formerly Captain America's sidekick in Marvel Comics, briefly Captain America himself.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier, an upcoming 2014 film based on the Marvel Comics characters
Other articles related to "winter soldier, winter, soldiers":
... in custody of a large cache of special projects developed over the decades, including the Winter Soldier ... himself, but refuses to part with the Winter Soldier for anything less than the reality-altering Cosmic Cube (which the Skull was not in possession of, and would not give up ... recovers the Cube, only to be assassinated by the Winter Soldier on Lukin's orders ...
... America in Vietnam, which appeared seven years after the Winter Soldier Investigation, became controversial in the context of the 2004 US Presidential Election ... Presidential hopeful John Kerry had been involved with the Winter Soldier Investigation in the context of the campaign, Lewy's suggestion that the Winter ... the group used "fake witnesses" in the Winter Soldier hearing in Detroit, and that its allegations were formally investigated ...
... appeared in the X-Men episode "Old Soldiers", where it was defeated by Wolverine and Captain America ... The Sleeper appears in The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes episode "Winter Soldier." This version has a HYDRA stamp instead of a Nazi stamp ... While Captain America and Nick Fury were looking for Winter Soldier, they find him fighting a Sleeper ...
... Winter Soldier Iraq and Afghanistan was an event at which more than 200 U.S ... military veterans and active duty soldiers, as well as Iraqi and Afghan civilians, provided accounts of their experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan ... The event was inspired by the Winter Soldier Investigation of 1971 ...
Famous quotes containing the words soldier and/or winter:
“No soldier in that gallant band
Hid half as well as he did.”
—Sir William Schwenck Gilbert (18361911)
“We know of no scripture which records the pure benignity of the gods on a New England winter night. Their praises have never been sung, only their wrath deprecated. The best scripture, after all, records but a meagre faith. Its saints live reserved and austere. Let a brave, devout man spend the year in the woods of Maine or Labrador, and see if the Hebrew Scriptures speak adequately to his condition and experience.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)