White Mountain may refer to:
- White Mountain Peak, a peak in California, USA
- White Mountain (Idaho), or White Mountain West; highest peak in the Salmon River Mountains
- White Mountain (Wyoming), a long mountain in southwestern Wyoming, USA
- Mont Blanc or Monte Bianco, the highest mountain in the Alps
- White Mountain in Mineral County, Montana
- Baekdu Mountain
- Slieve Bawn, a hill in the Republic of Ireland whose name means "white mountain"
- Safēd Kōh, a mountain range in eastern Afghanistan
In other places:
- White Mountain, Alaska, a town in the USA
- White Mountain, County Antrim, a townland in County Antrim, Northern Ireland
In other uses:
- White Mountain Apache, a group of Western Apache Native Americans living in Arizona, USA
- The White Mountain School, a private boarding school in New Hampshire, USA
- White Mountain Group, a holding company for many insurance companies
- Battle of White Mountain, a battle in the Thirty Years' War
- White Mountain (song), a song by the rock group Genesis off their album Trespass
Other articles related to "white mountains, white mountain, mountain, white":
... While most of the White Mountains consist of highly metamorphicized schists and gneisses formed during the Acadian Orogeny, the Pemigewasset Wilderness is part of the White Mountain Batholith and ... The Franconia and Twin Ranges form a massive ring dike in the western half of the White Mountain Batholith made up of a granite porphyry backbone that emerged ...
163 Hound Group 4 (Hounds) Group 02 - Hounds Hound Hound Scenthound Bavarian Mountain Hound Germany Beagle England Group 06 Section 01 #161 Hound Group Group 04 (Hounds) Group 02 – Hounds Hound Hound Scenthound ... Group Group 2 (Terriers) Group 4 - Terrier Terrier Terrier Terrier West Highland White Terrier Scotland Group 03 Section 02 #085 Terrier Group Group 2 (Terriers) Group 4 - Terrier Terrier ...
... Like its neighbor, Wilkins Peak, White Mountain is a member of the Green River Formation, a formation of the intermontane Lake Gosiute environment during the Eocene epoch ... White Mountain is part of the Rock Springs Uplift, and some of the largest oil shale and trona beds in the region are located west of the mountain ... White Mountain contains sediment from a subcategory of the Green River Formation, known as the Wilkins Peak Formation ...
... The White Mountain Academy of the Arts was an art school based in Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada ... White Mountain was located in a fairly isolated area in Northern Ontario, and it never received enough students or donations to survive as an institution ...
Famous quotes containing the words mountain and/or white:
“Now the appearance of the glory of the LORD was like a devouring fire on the top of the mountain in the sight of the people of Israel.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Exodus 24:17.
“Native always means people who belong somewhere else, because they had once belonged somewhere. That shows that the white race does not really think they belong anywhere because they think of everybody else as native.”
—Gertrude Stein (18741946)