Some articles on young:
... The Young Patriots Organization was an American left-wing organization of the 1960s and 1970s ... in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago, the organization was designed to support young, white migrants from the Appalachia region ... Hampton of the Black Panther Party and José "Cha-Cha" Jiménez of the Young Lords Organization the three organizations formed the Rainbow Coalition (unrelated to Jesse Jackson ...
... Female treeshrews give birth to up to three young after a gestation period of 45 to 50 days, in nests lined with dry leaves inside tree hollows ... The young are born blind and hairless, but are able to leave the nest after about a month ... this period, the mother provides relatively little maternal care, visiting her young only for a few minutes every other day to suckle them ...
... Young, Gay and Proud is a book written for adolescents who are exploring a gay identity ... It was edited by Sasha Alyson and Lynne Yamaguchi Fletcher ...
... The Young America Movement was an American political and cultural attitude in the mid-nineteenth century ... Inspired by European reform movements of the 1830s (see Young Italy, Young Hegelians), the American group was formed as a political organization in 1845 by Edwin ... O'Sullivan captured the general purpose of the Young America Movement in an 1837 editorial for the Democratic Review Historian Edward L ...
... as well as a brief stint on the soap opera Santa Barbara, playing the young Mason Capwell ... His involvement in Parenthood and the daily soap earned him a nomination for the Young Artist Award for Best Young Actor each ...
More definitions of "Young":
- (noun): Young people collectively.
Example: "Rock music appeals to the young"
- (noun): English poet (1683-1765).
Synonyms: Edward Young
- (noun): United States civil rights leader (1921-1971).
Synonyms: Whitney Young, Whitney Moore Young Jr.
- (noun): United States baseball player and famous pitcher (1867-1955).
Synonyms: Cy Young, Danton True Young
- (noun): United States religious leader of the Mormon Church after the assassination of Joseph Smith; he led the Mormon exodus from Illinois to Salt Lake City, Utah (1801-1877).
Synonyms: Brigham Young
- (adj): (of crops) harvested at an early stage of development; before complete maturity.
Example: "Young corn"
- (adj): (used of living things especially persons) in an early period of life or development or growth.
Example: "Young people"
- (noun): Any immature animal.
- (noun): United States film and television actress (1913-2000).
Synonyms: Loretta Young
Famous quotes containing the word young:
“Interpreting the dance: young women in white dancing in a ring can only be virgins; old women in black dancing in a ring can only be witches; but middle-aged women in colors, square dancing...?”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“I suffer whenever I see that common sight of a parent or senior imposing his opinion and way of thinking and being on a young soul to which they are totally unfit. Cannot we let people be themselves, and enjoy life in their own way? You are trying to make that man another you. Ones enough.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Oer her warm cheek and rising bosom move
The bloom of young desire and purple light of love.”
—Thomas Gray (17161771)