More definitions of "prompt":
- (adj): According to schedule or without delay.
Example: "A prompt reply"
Synonyms: on time
- (verb): Assist (somebody acting or reciting) by suggesting the next words of something forgotten or imperfectly learned.
Synonyms: remind, cue
- (noun): (computer science) a symbol that appears on the computer screen to indicate that the computer is ready to receive a command.
Synonyms: command prompt
- (noun): A cue given to a performer (usually the beginning of the next line to be spoken).
- (adj): Quick in apprehending or reacting.
Example: "A prompt (or ready) response"; "a prompt smile"
Famous quotes containing the word prompt:
“How prompt we are to satisfy the hunger and thirst of our bodies; how slow to satisfy the hunger and thirst of our souls!”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Treat your child-care worker as you want your boss to treat youwith respect, professionalism, adherence to policies and prompt payments.”
—Candyce H. Stapen (20th century)
“Can anything be so elegant as to have few wants and to serve them ones self, so as to have somewhat left to give, instead of being always prompt to grab?”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)