Some articles on jump:
... The Jump, a bus route run by the Regional Transportation District between Boulder, CO and Lafayette, CO ...
... ASSR) is a Russian athlete who competes in both the long jump and triple jump events ... She has a long jump best of 7.33 m and holds the indoor world record mark of 15.36 m in the triple jump ...
... The Unreal series's movement and jump mechanics are one of the many things that set the series far apart from the other FPS games ... While most games have the simple "jump" and "duck" commands, Unreal is one of the very few games that has a "dodge" mechanic ... After inputting the command, the player will do a fast jump in that direction while the idea is simple, it has added a whole level of playing style, making it much ...
... Competing in the high jump, he won the 1987 World Indoor Championships as well as a silver medal at the 1987 World Championships for the USSR ... His personal best jump of 2.41 metres was also the world record from September 4, 1985 to June 30, 1987, when Patrik Sjöberg beat it by one centimetre ... (See Table listing "Top Performers" in entry for High Jump) ...
More definitions of "jump":
- (noun): Descent with a parachute.
- (noun): (film) an abrupt transition from one scene to another.
- (verb): Cause to jump or leap.
- (verb): Pass abruptly from one state or topic to another.
Example: "Jump to a conclusion"
- (verb): Make a sudden physical attack on.
Example: "The muggers jumped the woman in the fur coat"
- (noun): The act of jumping; propelling yourself off the ground.
- (verb): Jump from an airplane and descend with a parachute.
- (verb): Go back and forth; swing back and forth between two states or conditions.
- (verb): Start a car engine whose battery by connecting it to another car's battery.
Synonyms: jumpstart, jump-start
- (verb): Run off or leave the rails.
- (verb): Increase suddenly and significantly.
Example: "Prices jumped overnight"
- (verb): Enter eagerly into.
Example: "He jumped into the game"
Famous quotes containing the word jump:
“Well, you look so pretty in it
Honey, can I jump on it sometime?
Yes, I just wanna see
If its really that expensive kind
You know it balances on your head
Just like a mattress balances
On a bottle of wine
Your brand new leopard-skin pill-box hat.”
—Bob Dylan [Robert Allen Zimmerman] (b. 1941)
“Holy Rollers and Jumpers come out,
And they holler, they jump and they shout,”
—Joe Hill (18791914)
“I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me,
And what can be the use of him is more than I can see.
He is very, very like me from the heels up to the head;
And I see him jump before me, when I jump into my bed.”
—Robert Louis Stevenson (18501894)