Some articles on jackson:
... Justice Robert Jackson, who had joined the court only two years earlier, wrote the decision, echoing the free-expression sentiments of Stromberg v ... In Barnette Justice Jackson addressed each element of Frankfurter’s Gobitis decision ... Jackson began with Frankfurter’s designation of the flag as a national symbol ...
... Vincent Jackson (born January 14, 1983), is an American football wide receiver for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers ... Jackson, sometimes referred to by his initials, V.J ...
... Jackson is a village in Washington County, Wisconsin, United States ... The village is located partially within the Town of Jackson ...
... There she met her lifetime idol Mahalia Jackson, with whom she would later share the stage ... Other political activists on the crusade were Jesse Jackson, Sidney Poitier and Dr ... and she starred as her idol Mahalia Jackson in the national tour of Sing Mahalia Sing, directed by George Faison ...
More definitions of "Jackson":
- (noun): A town in western Tennessee.
- (noun): 7th president of the US; successfully defended New Orleans from the British in 1815; expanded the power of the presidency (1767-1845).
Synonyms: Andrew Jackson, Old Hickory
- (noun): A town in western Wyoming.
- (noun): United States writer of romantic novels about the unjust treatment of Native Americans (1830-1885).
Synonyms: Helen Hunt Jackson, Helen Maria Fiske Hunt Jackson
- (noun): General in the Confederate Army during the Civil War whose troops at the first Battle of Bull Run stood like a stone wall (1824-1863).
Synonyms: Thomas Jackson, Thomas J. Jackson, Thomas Jonathan Jackson, Stonewall Jackson
- (noun): United States singer who did much to popularize gospel music (1911-1972).
Synonyms: Mahalia Jackson
- (noun): United States civil rights leader who led a national anti-discrimination campaign and ran for presidential nomination (born in 1941).
Synonyms: Jesse Jackson, Jesse Louis Jackson
- (noun): United States singer who began singing with his four brothers and later became a highly successful star during the 1980s (born in 1958).
Synonyms: Michael Jackson, Michael Joe Jackson
- (noun): English film actress who later became a member of Parliament (born in 1936).
Synonyms: Glenda Jackson
- (noun): A town in south central Michigan.
Famous quotes containing the word jackson:
“Oh, write of me, not Died in bitter pains,
But Emigrated to another star!”
—Helen Hunt Jackson (18301885)
“If [government] would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing.”
—Andrew Jackson (17671845)
“It is a well-settled principle of the international code that where one nation owes another a liquidated debt which it refuses or neglects to pay the aggrieved party may seize on the property belonging to the other, its citizens or subjects, sufficient to pay the debt without giving just cause of war.”
—Andrew Jackson (17671845)