More definitions of "easy":
- (adj): Posing no difficulty; requiring little effort.
Example: "An easy job"; "an easy problem"; "an easy victory"; "the house is easy to heat"; "satisfied with easy answers"; "took the easy way out of his dilemma"
- (adj): Affording comfort.
Example: "Soft light that was easy on the eyes"
- (adj): In fortunate circumstances financially; moderately rich.
Example: "Easy living"
Synonyms: comfortable, prosperous, well-fixed, well-heeled, well-off, well-situated, well-to-do
- (adv): With ease ('easy' is sometimes used informally for 'easily').
Example: "Success came too easy"
- (adv): In a relaxed manner; or without hardship.
Example: "Just wanted to take it easy" ('soft' is nonstandard)
- (adv): Without speed ('slow' is sometimes used informally for 'slowly').
Example: "Go easy here--the road is slippery"
Synonyms: slowly, slow, tardily
- (adj): Not strict.
Example: "An easy teacher"; "easy standards"
- (adj): Free from worry or anxiety.
Example: "Knowing that I had done my best, my mind was easy"; "an easy good-natured manner"
Synonyms: at ease
- (adj): Readily exploited or tricked.
Example: "An easy mark"; "an easy victim"
- (adj): Performing adroitly and without effort.
Example: "Her easy grace"
- (adj): Not harsh; causing little distress.
Example: "An easy penalty"
- (adj): Casual and unrestrained in sexual behavior.
Example: "Her easy virtue"
Synonyms: light, loose, promiscuous, sluttish, wanton
- (adj): Plentiful and therefore at low interest rates; easy to come by.
Example: "Easy money"
- (adj): Affording pleasure.
Example: "Easy good looks"
- (adj): Marked by moderate steepness.
Example: "An easy climb"
Famous quotes containing the word easy:
“It is easy at any moment to surrender a large fortune; to build one up is a difficult and an arduous task.”
—Titus Livius (Livy)
“We are easy to manage, a gregarious people,
Full of sentiment, clever at mechanics, and we love our luxuries.”
—Robinson Jeffers (18871962)
“To say yes, you have to sweat and roll up your sleeves and plunge both hands into life up to the elbows. Its easy to say no, even if it means dying.”
—Jean Anouilh (19101987)