- It must be available on one or more eligible formats. Eligible formats are CD, DVD, vinyl, cassette, digital download, MiniDisc and flexi disc.
- All formats must contain the featured track or a version/remix of it.
- Only three formats may be included in a single's sales; sales in additional formats are disregarded when calculating a single's chart position.
- The single must meet the minimum dealer price requirement (as of 2012, 40p for a digital audio track)
- Each format must have no more than four different tracks, although each song may appear in any number of different versions.
- Maximum running time for any format is 25 minutes (if more than one different song is featured), or 40 minutes (if one song is featured in multiple versions/mixes).
- A "mini CD" format is now recognised for chart purposes, with a running time of up to 10 minutes and featuring no more than two tracks. It must be an 8 cm CD, sold in a single jewel case. Its minimum-price requirement is lower than that of a conventional CD single. This less-expensive alternative was first recognised in the UK in October 2003 as part of a drive to make singles more attractive despite music downloading; this size of CD was already used in other countries (such as Japan) for single releases.
The full chart regulations also place limits on how chart singles can be packaged and what free gifts can be offered to purchasers. The regulations may be downloaded from the UK Charts Company website (see "External links", below).
Read more about this topic: UK Singles Chart
Other articles related to "inclusion criteria, criteria":
... Inclusion criteria are pre-symptomatic late infantiles and both pre- and early-symptomatic juveniles ... See details on inclusion criteria and the trial protocol here ... clinical trial information, including inclusion criteria, can be found on the MLD Foundation website here ...
... This is not a list of works of fiction (i.e ... actual novels, mysteries, etc), but rather imaginary books that do not actually exist ...
... The rules have shifted over time, but the most accepted criteria requires that a political party needs to have representation in the House of Commons as well as proven popular support ...
Famous quotes containing the words criteria and/or inclusion:
“Every sign is subject to the criteria of ideological evaluation.... The domain of ideology coincides with the domain of signs. They equate with one another. Wherever a sign is present, ideology is present, too. Everything ideological possesses semiotic value.”
—V.N. (Valintin Nikolaevic)
“Belonging to a group can provide the child with a variety of resources that an individual friendship often cannota sense of collective participation, experience with organizational roles, and group support in the enterprise of growing up. Groups also pose for the child some of the most acute problems of social lifeof inclusion and exclusion, conformity and independence.”
—Zick Rubin (20th century)