There are a number of other crimes against the state short of treason:
- Apostasy in Islam is considered treason in Islamic belief.
- Compounding treason is dropping a prosecution for treason in exchange for money or money's worth.
- Defection, or leaving the country, is regarded in some communist countries (especially during the Cold War) as disloyal to the state.
- Espionage or spying.
- Lèse majesté is insulting a head of state and is a crime in some countries.
- Misprision of treason is a crime consisting of the concealment of treason.
- Sedition is inciting civil unrest or insurrection, or undermining the government.
- Treachery, the name of a number of derivative offences.
- Treason felony, a British offence tantamount to treason.
Read more about this topic: Treason
Other articles related to "related offences, offences, offence":
... The following inchoate offences relate to the substantive offence of murder Attempted murder Soliciting to murder Conspiracy to murder ...
Famous quotes containing the words offences and/or related:
“A strong argument for the religion of Christ is thisthat offences against Charity are about the only ones which men on their death-beds can be madenot to understandbut to feelas crime.”
—Edgar Allan Poe (18091845)
“The content of a thought depends on its external relations; on the way that the thought is related to the world, not on the way that it is related to other thoughts.”
—Jerry Alan Fodor (b. 1935)