Tracking can refer to:
- Animal migration tracking by attaching a tag to the animal.
- Tracking (education), separating children into different classes according to their academic ability
- Tracking, in computer graphics, a vital part of match moving
- Tracking, in portfolio management, matching or comparing with a stock market index
- Tracking, in automotive engineering, a synonym for Toe (automotive)
- Tracking, a subject of dead reckoning, concerning setting up a track on other objects momentarily viewed from the observer's own location
- Tracking (typography), the process of uniformly increasing or decreasing the space between all letters in a block of text
- The purpose of a satellite tracker (disambiguation)
- Tracking (commercial airline flight), the means of tracking civil airline flights in realtime.
- Tracking (hunting), the science and art of learning about a place via animal trails and other environmental evidence
- Tracking (Scouting), a Scouting activity
- Tracking, an electrical pre-breakdown phenomenon, see Electrical treeing
- Tracking shot, a filming technique also known as a dolly shot
- The association of individual detections from a radar system, performed by a radar tracker
- Target tracking, one of the elements of Go-Onto-Target systems of missile guidance
- Track and trace concerns a process starting with determining the current and past locations and other status of property in transit. Tracking and tracing is the completion of this process with uniformly building a track of such property that are forwarded to, processed for, applied in or disposed of usage.
- Asset tracking provides regular information about objects of an inventory or any stock of mobile entities
- Tracking (freeflying), in skydiving, the technique of moving horizontally while in free-fall
- Tracking (dog), the act of a dog following a scent trail
- Tracking trial, a dog competition
- Optical motion tracking
- Video tracking, finding the location of an object of the scene on each frame of the sequence, when processing a video sequence
- Video tape tracking, alignment of the magnetic tape of a video tape recorder with respect to the reading head
- Tracking, composing music with tracker (music software)
- Web visitor tracking, the analysis of visitor behavior on a website
Other articles related to "tracking":
... The Texas Special Needs Evacuation Tracking System (SNETS) is a tracking system for emergency evacuees developed by AT T for the state of Texas ... The system is based on tracking RFID tags attached to the wrists of evacuees via the AT T/Cingular wireless network and a data center at the University of ...
... Transportation Applications Vehicle tracking and monitoring, fleet management Security and anti-theft monitoring Heavy equipment security and management Trailer and container tracking, rail car tracking Cold Chain ...
... Self tracking is as valuable as tracking of other objects ... The stability of tracking may be improved by knowledge about motion ...
... The United States Army’s Movement Tracking System (MTS) is a logistics communication platform under the Program Executive Office (PEO) for Enterprise Information ... It is a satellite-based tracking and communicating system designed to provide command and control over distributed assets supporting and conducting theater operations ...
Famous quotes containing the word tracking:
“Such is the art of writing as Dreiser understands it and practices itan endless piling up of minutiae, an almost ferocious tracking down of ions, electrons and molecules, an unshakable determination to tell it all. One is amazed by the mole-like diligence of the man, and no less by his exasperating disregard for the ease of his readers.”
—H.L. (Henry Lewis)