A time scale specifies divisions of time.
- Time standard, a specification of either the rate at which time passes, or points in time, or both
- Duration (disambiguation), a quantity of time
- Geological time scale, a scale that divides up the history of Earth into scientifically meaningful periods
- In astronomy and astrophysics:
- Dynamical time scale either (in stellar physics) measures the length of time over which changes in one part of a body can be communicated to the rest of that body, or (in celestial mechanics) is a realization of a time-like argument based on a dynamical theory
- Nuclear time scale, estimates the lifetime of a star based solely on its rate of fuel consumption
- Thermal time scale, estimates the lifetime of a star once its fuel reserves at its center are used up or if they were to disappear
- In cosmology and particle physics:
- Planck time, the time scale beneath which quantum effects are comparable in significance to gravitational effects
- In mathematics:
- Time scale calculus, the unification of the theory of difference equations with differential equations
- In music:
- rhythm, a temporal pattern of events
- Time scale (music), divides up music into sections based on the scope
Other articles related to "time scale, scale, times, time":
... dissipate energy and this cannot be neglected on an intermediate and long time scale ... soliton can still be used in the sense that on a short time scale dissipation of energy can be neglected ... On an intermediate time scale one has to take small energy losses into account as a perturbation, and on a long scale the amplitude of the soliton will decay and finally vanish ...
... of collision cascade, it is very important to know the associated time scale ... migrate, can last from a few ps to infinite times, depending on the material, its defect migration and recombination properties, and the ambient ...
... Indeed, the thermal time scale assumes that there is no fuel at all inside the star and simply predicts the length of time it would take for the resulting change in outputted energy to reach the ... As an example, the Sun's thermal time scale is approximately 30 million years ... Time measurement and standards Major subjects Time Chronometry Orders of magnitude Metrology International standards UTC UTC offset UT ΔT DUT1 IERS ISO 31-1 ISO 8601 TAI 12-hour clock ...
... in the field Designation in Headquarters Junior Time Scale Assistant Works Manager Assistant Director Senior Time Scale Works Manager Deputy Director Senior Time Scale (Non Functional) Deputy General Manager ... Director General Member of the Board Apex Scale Nil DGOF Chairman of the Board ...
Famous quotes containing the words scale and/or time:
“Another armored animalscale
lapping scale with spruce-cone regularity until they
form the uninterrupted central
—Marianne Moore (18871972)
“The ideal of the self-sufficient American family is a myth, dangerous because most families, especially affluent families, do in fact make use of a range of services to survive. Families needing one or another kind of help are not morally deficient; most families do need assistance at one time or another.”
—Joseph Featherstone (20th century)