Tie may refer to:
- Necktie, a long piece of cloth worn around the neck or shoulders
- Cravat, the forerunner to the modern tie
- Tie (draw), a finish to a competition with identical results, particularly sports
- Tie (engineering), a strong component designed to keep two objects closely linked together
- Tie (information technology), a concept to bind a distributed object to a class
- Tie (music), a musical notation symbol joining two notes without a break
- Tie (typography), a punctuation and diacritical sign
- Railroad tie, a rectangular support for the rail
- Simpson Tie or Strong-Tie, a connector used in building
- Interpersonal ties in sociology and psychology.
TIE may refer to:
- TIE receptors, specific types of cell surface receptors
- Tensilica Instruction Extension, a verilog like language that is used to describe the instruction extensions to the Xtensa processor core
- Telx Internet Exchange
- Times Interest Earned, a financial ratio
- Transport Initiatives Edinburgh Ltd., an Edinburgh based public transport company
- Titanium Metals Corporation, based on its stock symbol on the New York Stock Exchange
- TIE fighter, a fictional spacecraft in the Star Wars universe
TiE may refer to
- TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs)
Read more about Ties: See Also
Other articles related to "ties, tie":
... In the MLB Japan All-Star Series there have been a number of ties between MLB and NPB ... There were two ties in both 1988 and 1996 ... In 1990, 1992 and 2000 there was one tie ...
... Family Ties A Christmas Story (1982) Family Ties A Keaton Christmas Carol (1983) Family Ties Miracle in Columbus (1987) ...
... of trees for the production of railroad ties was known as tie hacking ... These lumberjacks, called tie hacks, used saws to fell trees and cut to length, and a broadaxe to flatten two or all four sides of the log to create railroad ties ... Later, portable saw mills were used to cut and shape ties ...
... Severed Ties is the debut album by Brisbane band, The Amity Affliction ... Severed Ties debuted at #26 on the ARIA Top 50 Albums Chart, and #6 on the Australian Artists Albums Chart ...
... All pages beginning with "Tie" All pages with titles containing "Tie" Blood Ties (disambiguation) Ti (disambiguation) Tye (disambiguation) ...
Famous quotes containing the word ties:
“... it is nearly impossible to understand those who are beyond our sight, who are not explained to us by ties of birth or the contact of the flesh.”
—Rebecca West (18921983)
“The ties between gentle folk are as pure as water; the links between scoundrels are as thick as honey.”
“One theme links together these new proposals for family policythe idea that the family is exceedingly durable. Changes in structure and function and individual roles are not to be confused with the collapse of the family. Families remain more important in the lives of children than other institutions. Family ties are stronger and more vital than many of us imagine in the perennial atmosphere of crisis surrounding the subject.”
—Joseph Featherstone (20th century)