Subramaniam (Tamil: சுப்பிரமணியம் or சுப்ரமணியம்; Telugu: సుబ్రహ్మణ్యం) is a South Indian name. It is also be spelled Subramanian or Subramanyam. The name is derived from the Sanskrit words su (सु), meaning "good" or "dear," and bramanian, meaning brahmin; the name translates loosely as "dear to Brahmins."
It may refer to the following:
- The Hindu god Murugan, worshipped especially in South India, Sri Lanka, and Malaysia.
- L. Subramaniam, Indian violinist
- Surain Subramaniam, American political scientist
- S. Subramaniam, a Malaysian politician
- Chidambaram Subramaniam, an Indian agriculturalist
- Subramanian (GC), the first Indian to be awarded the George Cross
- Subramamiam v. DPP 1 WLR 956 (PC) (on appeal from Malaya), the English common law case which defines the rule against hearsay.
- E. M. Subramaniam, Indian ghatamist
- Subramanyam Dharmavarapu, Telugu film actor and director
Other articles related to "subramaniam":
... Subramaniam here refers to the former deputy president of the Malaysian Indian Congress ... For the government cabinet minister of the same name, see Subramaniam Sathasivam In this Indian name, the name Sinniah is a patronymic, not a family name, and the person should be referred to by ... Subramaniam Member of Parliament for Segamat In office 1990–2004 Preceded by unknown Succeeded by Subramaniam Sathasivam Deputy President of the Malaysian Indian Congress In ...
... Perak coach Steve Darby was originally unaware that Subramaniam was actually a Perak player ... As a result of these performances, Subramaniam was called up for various matches with the national team ... Subramaniam was announced as Perak team captain for the 2009 season, replacing Ahmad Shahrul Azhar ...
... Parliament of Malaysia P140 Segamat, Johor Year Government Votes Pct Opposition Votes Pct 2004 Subramaniam Sathasivam (MIC) 17,953 63% Pang Hok Liong (DAP) 10,144 36 ...
... Subramaniam (Tamil சுப்பிரமணியம் or சுப்ரமணியம் Telugu సుబ్రహ్మణ్యం) is a ... Subramaniam, Indian violinist Surain Subramaniam, American political scientist S ... Subramaniam, Malaysian politician Chidambaram Subramaniam, Statesman, Finance Minister, Industries Minister, Agriculture Minister Subramanian (GC), the first Indian to be awarded the ...