Slant can refer to:
- Bias or other non-objectivity in journalism, politics, academia or other fields
- Slant height, is the distance from any point on the circle to the apex of a right circular cone
- A growth medium such as agar set in an inclined glass tube for growing microbiological cultures.
- Slant range, in telecommunications, the line-of-sight distance between two points which are not at the same level
- Slant drilling (or Directional drilling), the practice of drilling non-vertical wells
- Slant Four, a type of car engine
- Triumph Slant-4 engine, an engine developed by Triumph
- Chrysler Slant-6 engine, one Chrysler's automobile engine
- Slant (route), an American football play pattern.
- slant (handwriting), an attribute of Western handwriting
- Slant (journal), a Catholic journal
- The Slant, a student humor magazine at Vanderbilt University
- / (or Slant), a book by science fiction writer Greg Bear
- Slant Six Games, a video game developer founded in 2005
- Slant Magazine, a film, TV, and music review website
- Slant (fanzine), a fanzine by Walt Willis, winner of the 1954 Retrospective Hugo Award for Best Fanzine
- Slant 6, an all-female punk rock trio based in Washington, D.C.
- The Slants, an Asian dance/ rock group from Portland, Oregon
- A racial slur for people of Asian descent, in reference to the shape of their eyes.
- Piccadilly Slant-Abraham's Cove, a designated place in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador
Other articles related to "slant":
... NOW 1st - Paste 1st - Gabe Toro, The Playlist 1st - Reserve Shot 1st - Simon Abrams, Slant 1st - Nick Schager, Slant 1st - Nathan Rabin, The A.V. 3rd - Lou Lumenick, New York Post 3rd - Stephen Holden, The New York Times 3rd - Jesse Cataldo, Slant 3rd - Mary Pols, Time 3rd - Keith Uhlich, Time Out New York 4th - Richard Corliss ... Slant 4th - Karina Longworth, Village Voice 5th - Marc Savlov, Austin Chronicle 5th - Ray Greene, Boxoffice 5th - Peter Knegt, IndieWire 5th - Don Kaye, MSN Movies 5th - Mike Scott, The ...
... Slant Six Games is a Canadian Independent video game developer founded in 2005 ... Slant Six Games' studio is based in Vancouver BC, Canada with 130 employees ... Slant Six Games has released three games published by Sony Computer Entertainment of America SOCOM Tactical Strike which was named the best PSP multiplayer experience at E3 2007 and SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 for the ...
... is scored on the basis of the following datapoints Balance Harmony Consistency Spacing Slant The congruency of each datapoint, to the copy book, determines the score ... Trend Horizontal Expansion Thread Left Margin Rightward Slant Emotional Release Irregular Fluctuation Pressure Pastosity Libido Fullness Lower Zone ...
... Scott of The New York Times called Slant Magazine "a repository of passionate and often prickly pop-cultural analysis." Slant's reviews have often been the source of debate and discourse online and in the ... that reviews websites for both entrepreneurs and investors, called Slant "one of the most influential online sources of news, comment, opinion and ...
... Slant 6 Mind is the title of the fourteenth principal album release by American folk singer/guitarist Greg Brown, released in 1997 ... At the Grammy Awards of 1998, Slant 6 Mind was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Traditional Folk Album ...
Famous quotes containing the word slant:
“I saw on the slant hill a putrid lamb,
Propped with daisies.”
—Richard Eberhart (b. 1904)
“The dead fed you
Amid the slant stones of graveyards.
Pale ghosts who planted you
Came in the night-time
And let their thin hair blow through your clustered stems.”
—Amy Lowell (18741925)
“Theres a certain Slant of light,
That oppresses, like the Heft
Of Cathedral Tunes”
—Emily Dickinson (18301886)