Situation is a concept relating to a position (location) or a set of circumstances.
It also may refer to:
- Situation (song), a 1982 song by British new wave band Yazoo
- Situation (album), a 2007 album by Canadian musician Buck 65
- Situation comedy, a type of television show
- The Situation (TV personality), nickname of American reality TV personality Michael Sorrentino
- Situation (Sartre), a concept by Jean-Paul Sartre
- Situation report
Situated may refer to situated cognition
Situationism may refer to:
- The ideas of Situationist International, an international political and artistic movement of the 1960s
- Situationism (psychology), which holds that personality is more influenced by external factors than by internal traits or motivations
- In Situational ethics, the idea in ethics that the morality of an act is a function of the state of the system when it occurs
Read more about Situation: See Also
Other articles related to "situation":
... Situation analysis is a method managers use to analyze both the internal and external environments of an organization in order to understand the firm’s own capabilities, customers and ... As described by the American Marketing Association, a situation analysis is "the systematic collection and study of past and present data to identify trends ... The situation analysis is the second step in the marketing plan and is a critical step in establishing a long term relationship with customers ...
... In the first situation, the car is moving and the pressure of one of the tires moves from 45 psi (pound per square inch) to 41 psi over 15 minutes ... The car's Event Processor may detect a situation whereby a loss of tire pressure over a relatively long period of time results in the creation of the "lossOfTirePressure" event ... In the second situation, the car is moving and the pressure of one of the tires drops from 45 psi to 20 psi in 5 seconds ...
... Proverb) and distinct meanings of "go" and "tough." In context, "the going" means "the situation," "gets tough" means "becomes difficult," "the tough" means "people who are strong or enduring ...
Famous quotes containing the word situation:
“When you can use dirty words in every situation with everyone, thats a real big liberation.”
—Lina Wertmuller (b. 1928)
“There are situations in life to which the only satisfactory response is a physically violent one. If you dont make that response, you continually relive the unresolved situation over and over in your life.”
—Russell Hoban (b. 1925)
“I have proceeded ... to prevent the lapse from ... the point of blending between wakefulness and sleep.... Not ... that I can render the point more than a pointbut that I can startle myself ... into wakefulnessand thus transfer the point ... into the realm of Memoryconvey its impressions,... to a situation where ... I can survey them with the eye of analysis.”
—Edgar Allan Poe (18091849)