- Sayuz na Demokratichnite Sili, a political party in Bulgaria, founded in 1989 in opposition to the communist government
- Slovenska demokratska stranka, a Slovenian center-right liberal conservative party, formerly the Social Democratic Party of Slovenia
- Sozialistischer Deutscher Studentenbund, an organisation in the Außerparlamentarische Opposition in West Germany in the 1960s
- Srpska Demokratska Stranka, several political parties in parts of former Yugoslavia
- Serbian Democratic Party (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Serb Democratic Party (Croatia)
- Serbian Democratic Party (Serbia)
- Students for a Democratic Society, a student activist movement in the United States in the 1960s
- Students for a Democratic Society (2006 organization), a United States student organization representing left wing beliefs
- Society for Disability Studies, a transnational academic network of disability studies practitioners
- Spatial Development Strategy, also known as "The London Plan", a planning document written by the Mayor of London
Read more about this topic: SDS
Other articles related to "politics":
... Ira Carmen - Co-founder of the social science subdiscipline of genetics and politics ... critic, political and social scientist John Coakley - specialist in ethnic conflict and Irish politics Benjamin Cohen - leader in the field of ... Cook - politics and media Satyabrata Rai Chowdhuri - International Relations, Indology at Institute of Commonwealth Studies Philip Converse - Public ...
... Sullivan would check with Kirkpatrick if a potential guest had some "explaining to do" about his politics ...
... Forms of corruption vary, but include bribery, extortion, cronyism, nepotism, patronage, graft, and embezzlement ... While corruption may facilitate criminal enterprise such as drug trafficking, money laundering, and trafficking, it is not restricted to these activities ...
... Guy Laforest - Liberalism (John Locke) scholar and Quebec and Canadian politics specialist Harold Lasswell - Political communications, pioneered early efforts to establish the policy sciences ... constructivist, Cold War expert, author of Tragic Vision of Politics ... Condorcet Criterion and Borda Count Theodore Lowi - Major scholar of American politics at Cornell University Ian Lustick - State territoriality ethnic ...
Famous quotes containing the word politics:
“...to many a mothers heart has come the disappointment of a loss of power, a limitation of influence when early manhood takes the boy from the home, or when even before that time, in school, or where he touches the great world and begins to be bewildered with its controversies, trade and economics and politics make their imprint even while his lips are dewy with his mothers kiss.”
—J. Ellen Foster (18401910)
“Until politics are a branch of science we shall do well to regard political and social reforms as experiments rather than short-cuts to the millennium.”
—J.B.S. (John Burdon Sanderson)