- Rigoberto Soler Impressionist Painter lived in the town from 1924 to 1956.
- Elliot Paul (February 10, 1891-April 7, 1958), was an American journalist and author who lived in the town for six years.
- Wilhelm Von Keitel Field Marshal of Nazi Germany owned a house in the town which remained empty until 1958
- Sandy Pratt Owner of Sandy's Bar
- Denholm Elliott English actor
- Terry-Thomas English actor
- Robin Maugham British novelist, playwright and travel writer.
- Diana Rigg DBE, English actress.
- Leslie Phillips English actor
- Laurence Olivier English actor
- Nigel Davenport English actor
- Laureano Barrau impressionist painter lived and died in the town
- Sandra Cretu German singer lives in the town
Read more about this topic: Santa Eulària Des Riu
Other articles related to "notable people":
... Coordinates 42°42′00″N 88°48′22″W / 42.7°N 88.80611°W / 42.7 -88.80611. ...
Famous quotes containing the words people and/or notable:
“When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, its your world for the moment. I want to give that world to someone else. Most people in the city rush around so, they have no time to look at a flower. I want them to see it whether they want to or not.”
—Georgia OKeeffe (18871986)
“Every notable advance in technique or organization has to be paid for, and in most cases the debit is more or less equivalent to the credit. Except of course when its more than equivalent, as it has been with universal education, for example, or wireless, or these damned aeroplanes. In which case, of course, your progress is a step backwards and downwards.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)