Portable may refer to:
- Portable building, a manufactured structure that is built off site and moved in upon completion of site and utility work
- Portable classroom, a temporary building installed on the grounds of a school to provide additional classroom space where there is a shortage of capacity
- Portable toilet, a modern, portable, self-contained outhouse manufactured of molded plastic
- Portable object (computing), a distributed computing term for an object which can be accessed through a normal method call while possibly residing in memory on another computer
- Software portability, software that can easily be ported to multiple platforms
- Portable applications, applications that do not require any kind of installation onto a computer, and can store data in the program's directory
- Portable electronics
- Portable communications device, a wearable or handheld device
- Portable audio player, a personal electronic device that allows the user to listen to recorded or broadcast audio whilst being mobile
- Portable computer, a computer that is designed to be moved from one place to another
- Compaq Portable series (1982–?)
- Apricot Portable (1984)
- IBM Portable Personal Computer (1984)
- Macintosh Portable (1989–1991) from Apple Computer
- Handheld game console, a lightweight, portable electronic machine for playing video games
- Portable Life, a 1999 album by Danielle Brisebois
- Portable Sounds a 2007 album by TobyMac.
Other articles related to "portable":
2 Developed with Project Siren Ape Escape Academy 2004 PlayStation Portable Ape Escape On The Loose 2005 PlayStation Portable Rogue Galaxy 2005 PlayStation 2 Developed with Level-5 Ape Escape 3 2005 ...
... SyMenu is a portable launcher menu so it can reside on any removable drive ... in a simple and quick way adding links to portable programs, files, Windows commands, folders and web urls ... SyMenu supports every portable program and programs that don't need to access registry or file system folders outside the program's root ...
... Sirius Stiletto was a brand of satellite radio portable media players from Sirius Satellite Radio ... (A predecessor, the Sirius S50, was portable but was unable to receive satellite signal unless docked.) The successor to the Stiletto 100, the Stiletto 2, was launched in November 2007 ... in these devices is powered by the Mono Framework a portable.NET implementation for many platforms, including embedded Linux systems such as the Stiletto ...
... Title Details Umineko no Naku Koro ni Portable 1 Original release date(s) October 20, 2011 Release years by system 2011—PlayStation Portable Notes Published and developed by Alchemist Contains Episode 1 and ...
Famous quotes containing the word portable:
“In the quilts I had found good objectshospitable, warm, with soft edges yet resistant, with boundaries yet suggesting a continuous safe expanse, a field that could be bundled, a bundle that could be unfurled, portable equipment, light, washable, long-lasting, colorful, versatile, functional and ornamental, private and universal, mine and thine.”
—Radka Donnell-Vogt, U.S. quiltmaker. As quoted in Lives and Works, by Lynn F. Miller and Sally S. Swenson (1981)
“Fewer and fewer Americans possess objects that have a patina, old furniture, grandparents pots and pansthe used things, warm with generations of human touch, ... essential to a human landscape. Instead, we have our paper phantoms, transistorized landscapes. A featherweight portable museum.”
—Susan Sontag (b. 1933)
“Wotever is, is right, as the young nobleman sveetly remarked wen they put him down in the pension list cos his mothers uncles vifes grandfather vunce lit the kings pipe vith a portable tinder-box.”
—Charles Dickens (18121870)