- Peter Pan: He is played by a woman in the musical. Mary Martin, who played the role in several productions, was an alto. A boy who does not want to grow up, who can fly.
- Tinker Bell: She is a non-singer. A fairy, represented only by a tiny flashing light. Her "dialogue" is only heard as tinkling music played by a celesta in the orchestra. She does not speak as we know it, and the other characters "translate" what she "says".
The Darling Family, both generations
- Wendy Moira Angela Darling: the eldest of the Darling children. She is a soprano.
- John Darling: Wendy's younger brother. He is a boy soprano, although the 1960 production used a boy whose voice had already begun to change.
- Michael Darling: Wendy's youngest brother. He is a boy soprano.
- Mr. George Darling: the father of the Darling family. He is a baritone/tenor.
- Mrs. Mary Darling, their mother (played by a non-singing actress, who nevertheless sings in two musical numbers)
- Nana, the dog/nurse (barking only, pre-recorded)
- Liza, the family's maid (alto)
- Jane, Wendy's daughter (non-singing role)
The Lost Boys of Neverland
- Slightly Soiled, the most conceited. (boy soprano)
- Tootles, the youngest one (boy soprano)
- Twin #1 (boy soprano), Twin #2 (boy soprano), Curly (boy soprano), Nibs (boy soprano)
Tiger Lily, the princess of the Indian tribe (Alto)
- Captain James 'Jas' Hook, Peter's nemesis, usually played by the same actor who plays Mr. Darling. (Baritone/Tenor)
- Smee, Hook's comedic sidekick (non-singing role)
- Starkey, Bill Jukes, Cecco, Noodler, Mullins, Cookson, Skylights, Alf Mason, Alsation Fogarty, Albino, Quang Lee, Bollard, Giant Pirate,
There are also animals in Never Never Land, who make animal noises, but have no dialogue. These, like Nana, are also played by people in costumes.
Read more about this topic: Peter Pan (1954 Musical)
Other articles related to "roles, role":
... Role Voice type Premiere Cast Cupid soprano Lady Mary Tudor Venus soprano Mary (Moll) Davies Adonis baritone Shepherd contralto or countertenor Shepherdess soprano Huntsman contralto or countertenor ...
... Although she performed a wide variety of roles, she was best known for her roles in the French repertoire and the works of Handel, as well as Gilbert and Sullivan ... Her recordings include, in addition to many opera roles, operettas and musical theatre ...
... In the early times of Malayalam cinema, supporting roles, though mostly donned by established theatre artists, did not have any noted supporting actors ... Some of them had short careers with title roles as well ...
... The Object Oriented Role Analysis and Modeling (OOram) is a method, based on the concept of role, for performing object-oriented modeling ... Originally (1989) coined Object Oriented Role Analysis, Synthesis and Structuring (OORASS), the method focuses on describing patterns of interaction without connecting the interaction to particular objects/instan ... description of a phenomenon represented in the role model ...
... He has appeared in numerous television and film roles ... appearing in television and film, in minor and guest roles ... His first major role was Robert Barone on the CBS series Everybody Loves Raymond ...
Famous quotes containing the word roles:
“It was always the work that was the gyroscope in my life. I dont know who could have lived with me. As an architect youre absolutely devoured. A womans cast in a lot of roles and a man isnt. I couldnt be an architect and be a wife and mother.”
—Eleanore Kendall Pettersen (b. 1916)
“There is a striking dichotomy between the behavior of many women in their lives at work and in their lives as mothers. Many of the same women who are battling stereotypes on the job, who are up against unspoken assumptions about the roles of men and women, seem to acceptand in their acceptance seem to reinforcethese roles at home with both their sons and their daughters.”
—Ellen Lewis (20th century)