Pearse is a surname, and may refer to:
- Arthur Sperry Pearse (1877–1956), American botanist and zoologist
- Barbara Pearse (born 1948), British biological scientist
- Charles Pearse (1884–1953), South African cricketer
- Christopher Pearse Cranch (1813–1892), American writer and artist
- George Pearse (disambiguation), several people
- Guy Pearse (born ?), Australian author and environmentalist
- Patrick Pearse (1879–1916), Irish teacher, barrister, poet, writer, nationalist and political activist, older brother of William Pearse
- Richard Pearse (1877–1953), New Zealander inventor
- Samuel George Pearse (1897–1919), Australian soldier and recipient of the Victoria Cross
- William Pearse (1881–1916), Irish nationalist, younger brother of Patrick Pearse
Read more about Pearse: See Also
Other articles related to "pearse":
... In 2007 Pearse Óg GAC, a Gaelic football club in Armagh City, secured a 30-year lease on a site at Ballycrummy, on the western outskirts of the city ... The founding members of Pearse Og, Charlie McQuade, Felix McStravick, Sam Johnson, Gene McStravick, Eugene McKenna, Gerry Cush and the legendary Ulster footballer Big Jim McCullagh, had chosen the club's home ... However the Athletic Grounds were eventually taken on by the County Board and the Pearse Óg Club moved to its new home ...
... Benjamin William Pearse (January 19, 1832 – June 17, 1902) was a public servant for the colonies of Vancouver Island and of British Columbia ... Pearse most notably served on the Executive Council, which served as the interim government in British Columbia after it joined the Dominion of Canada ... Born in Devon, England, Pearse left England in 1851 to become a surveyor for the Hudson’s Bay Company at Fort Victoria on Vancouver Island ...
... Margaret Pearse (née Brady 12 February 1857 – 22 April 1932) was an Irish politician ... in County Meath and moved to Dublin, and in 1877 married James Pearse (his second marriage), a Dubliner who was originally from Birmingham ... She was the mother of Patrick Pearse, one of the leaders of the Easter Rising in 1916, who was executed soon after the rising ...
... Margaret Mary Pearse (24 August 1878 – 7 November 1968) was an Irish Fianna Fáil politician and teacher ... She was the sister of Patrick Pearse, one of the leaders of the 1916 Easter Rising ... Her mother Margaret Pearse also served as a TD in the 1920s ...
... Pearse Island, an island on the North Coast of British Columbia, Canada ... Also Pearse Channel Pearse Islands, a small archipelago at the northern entrance to Johnstone Strait, near Alert Bay, British Columbia ... Also Pearse Passage and Pearse Peninsula, Broughton Island The Pearse Museum, dedicated to Patrick Pearse Dublin Pearse, railway station in Dublin, Ireland Pearce (di ...
Famous quotes containing the word pearse:
“But where can we draw water,
Said Pearse to Connolly,
When all the wells are parched away?
O plain as plain can be
Theres nothing but our own red blood
Can make a right Rose Tree.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)