- Partisan (weapon), a pole weapon
- Partisan (military) - As a name for paramilitary forces engaged behind the front line
- Yugoslav Partisans - in World War II and after
- Leśni (Polish resistance movement) - in World War II
- Slovak partisans - in Slovak National Uprising, an armed insurrection during World War II
- Greek Resistance - in World War II and after
- Soviet partisans - for the USSR in World War II
- Belarusian partisans - in World War II and after
- Latvian partisans - in World War II and after
- Lithuanian partisans - in World War II and after
- Bulgarian resistance movement during World War II - a Bulgarian resistance movement during World War II
- Albanian Resistance of World War II - the Partisans of Albania during World War II
- Jewish partisans - among the Jewish resistance movement in Nazi-occupied Europe
- Bielski partisans - a Jewish resistance group during World War II
- Italian resistance movement - in World War II
- Soviet partisans in Estonia - during World War II against Nazi-Germany
- Forest Brothers - after World War II against the Soviet Union
- Armenian irregular units - referring to Armenian guerrillas from World War I
- Germany's World War II Werwolf movement
- Germany's planned World War II Alpine National redoubt
Read more about this topic: Partisan
Other articles related to "military":
... In addition, there are 300,000 former service personnel who have had military service in the last 15 years ... has signed numerous contracts to strengthen its armed forces and to train its military with Turkey's assistance ... Over the last 15 years, Azerbaijan has been preparing its military for possible action against Armenian forces in Nagorno-Karabakh ...
... The OSCE takes a comprehensive approach to the politico-military dimension of security, which includes a number of commitments by participating States and mechanisms for conflict prevention and resolution ... The organization also seeks to enhance military security by promoting greater openness, transparency and co-operation ...
... the issue on the talk page LCD monitors have been adopted by the United States military, instead of CRT displays, because they are smaller, lighter and more efficient, although ... military LCD monitor must be compliant with MIL-STD-3009 (formerly MIL-L-85762A) ... so that they pass the standards for the military ...
... the People's Liberation Army, one of the three group armies that comprise the Nanjing Military Region responsible for the defense of China's eastern coast and possible military engagement with Taiwan ...
... In December 2009 an agreement on military assistance was signed by Turkey and Azerbaijan ... The agreement envisions Ankara’s supplying Azerbaijan with weapons, military equipment and, if necessary, soldiers in case war with Armenia over Karabakh resumes ... infantry weapons, tactical vehicles (jeeps, trucks, etc.) professional training, military organization, technology transfer, licenced military hardware production and other services ...
Famous quotes containing the word military:
“[I]t is a civil Cowardice to be backward in asserting what you ought to expect, as it is a military Fear to be slow in attacking when it is your Duty.”
—Richard Steele (16721729)
“Were in greater danger today than we were the day after Pearl Harbor. Our military is absolutely incapable of defending this country.”
—Ronald Reagan (b. 1911)
“My ancestors were all famous for military genius.
My Lady smiled graciously. It often runs in families, she remarked: just as a love for pastry does.”
—Lewis Carroll [Charles Lutwidge Dodgson] (18321898)