Parallels may refer to:
- Circle of latitude (often called parallels), imaginary east-west circles connecting all locations that share a given latitude
- "Parallels", the third track from the 1977 Yes album Going for the One
- Parallels (album), the sixth album by progressive metal band Fates Warning
- Parallels (band), a Canadian synth-pop trio consisting of Holly Dodson, Nick Dodson and Artem Galperine
- Parallels (engineering), rectangular blocks of metal used when machining requires work to be held in a vise or with clamps
- Parallels (solitaire), a solitaire card game which is played with two decks of playing cards
- "Parallels" (song), the fourth single from alternative rock band, In Case of Fire's debut album Align the Planets
- "Parallels" (Star Trek: The Next Generation), an episode from the seventh season of Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Parallels, Inc., a privately held virtualization technology company
- Parallels Desktop for Mac, software providing hardware virtualization for Macintosh computers with Intel processors
- Parallels Server for Mac, a server virtualization product built for the Mac OS X Server platform
- Parallels Workstation, the first commercial software product released by Parallels, Inc.
Read more about Parallels: See Also
Other articles related to "parallels":
... results of several benchmarks in which Fusion demonstrated better performance than Parallels Desktop for Mac in SMP-aware applications, which Fusion ... This comparison is of limited value today, as Parallels Desktop has had 4 major upgrades and VMware Fusion has had 3 ... tested on an eight-core, 2.66 GHz MacPro running Mac OS X 10.4.10, Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac (build 4560) and VMware Fusion 1.0 (build 51348) ...
... Arrhenius and Holmquist (1960) also found a connection with late Celtic art suggesting that the stone depicted Daniel in the lions' den and compared it with a depiction on a purse lid from Sutton Hoo, although the stone in question does not show creatures with legs ... Arwidsson (1963) also attributed the stone to late Celtic art and compared it with the figure holding a snake on the Gundestrup cauldron ...
... Parallels, Inc ... SWsoft’s acquisition of Parallels was more or less kept under wraps until January 2004, two years before Parallels became mainstream ... Parallels software enables users to run multiple operating systems on a single PC or Intel-powered Mac computer by using a hypervisor, which enables a guest operating system to directly access the ...
... Similar to Parallels Desktop for Mac, Parallels Server for Mac is a hypervisor-based server virtualization software that allows users to run multiple guest operating ... However, unlike the desktop software, Parallels Server for Mac is a hardware-optimized enterprise product designed to handle server workloads such as databases and ... Parallels Server for Mac allows users to run Intel-powered Apple hardware in a business environment without isolating the Mac servers from the organization’s Windows and Linux systems ...
Famous quotes containing the word parallels:
“If, while watching the sun set on a used-car lot in Los Angeles, you are struck by the parallels between this image and the inevitable fate of humanity, do not, under any circumstances, write it down.”
—Fran Lebowitz (b. 1950)