Northern Region may refer to:
- Northern Region, Ghana
- Northern Region, Eastern Cape, South Africa
- Northern Region, Malawi
- Northern Region, Manitoba, Canada, a region situated on the Canadian Shield including Manitoba's Hudson Bay coastline
- Northern Region, Nigeria (former)
- Northern Region (Sydney), alternative name for the northern suburb of Sydney in Australia
- Northern Region, Uganda
- Northern Region is a term used to indicate Canadian territory north of 60 degrees north latitude, these include most of Nunavut, all of Yukon Territory, the Northwest Territories, some of northern Quebec, and a bit of northern Labrador.
- AAA Northern Region, a sports league of large high schools in Virginia
- Northern Region Film and Television Archive, an English organisation
North or Nord Region may refer to :
- Nord Region, Burkina Faso
- North Region, Brazil, an official grouping of states for economic and statistical purposes
- North Region, Cameroon
- North Region, Singapore
Other articles related to "northern region, region, northern":
... first Liao emperor Abaoji, he informally divided his lands into a northern region and a southern region the third emperor, Shizong, formalized this arrangement in 947 ... The northern section was mostly (but not entirely) inhabited by the Khitan and other nomadic tribes, while the southern half was largely inhabited by sedentary peoples, such as Han ... Each region had its own capital and its own system of law ...
... The Northern Region is one of the four regions of Eastern Cape in South Africa ... Province of the Eastern Cape Capital Bhisho Largest city Port Elizabeth Population 6,829,958 (2011) Land area 168,966 km2 Topics History Government Politics Economy Climate Ecology Government Premier Legislature High Court Municipalities Cities and major towns Aliwal North Butterworth Cradock Despatch Dimbaza East London Fort Beaufort Graaff-Reinet Grahamstown Humansdorp Jeffreys Bay King William's Town Mdantsane Middelburg Motherwell Mthatha Port Alfred Port Elizabeth Queenstown Stutterheim Uitenhage Zwelitsha ...
... the Governorate of Aleppo make up the Northern Region of Syria ... Historically, the Northern Region was the most fertile and the most densely populated in Syria this explains why the Governorate of Aleppo has by far the largest number of ... It also explains why the Northern Region has a much larger number of archaeological sites and remains than elsewhere in Syria ...
... This region was the largest geographically within the Liao state, and also contained the area the Khitan lived in prior to the foundation of the Liao dynasty ... The Northern Region was home to a Supreme Capital, which was decently sized ... would instead spend most of the year traveling through the northern region and meeting with individual tribes and their leaders, who expected the emperor to personally make ...
... Broken down into regional leagues which started in 2009 Region Winner Runner Up 2009 Season Bangkok field Region Raj Pracha-Nonthaburi Kasem Bundit University Central ... Northern Region Chiangmai Phitsanulok Southern Region Trang Pattani ...
Famous quotes containing the words region and/or northern:
“For poetry was all written before time was, and whenever we are so finely organized that we can penetrate into that region where the air is music, we hear those primal warblings, and attempt to write them down, but we lose ever and anon a word, a verse, and substitute something of our own, and thus miswrite the poem.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“I have found that anything that comes out of the South is going to be called grotesque by the Northern reader, unless it is grotesque, in which case it is going to be called realistic.”
—Flannery OConnor (19251964)