- Andrew Baggaley, English table tennis champion.
- Sam Baldock, professional footballer for West Ham United, who began his football career at MK Dons.
- Errol Barnett, an anchor and correspondent for CNN is from Milton Keynes. He lived in Crownhill and attended Holmwood First School and Two Mile Ash Middle School before moving to the U.S.
- Chris Clarke, English sprinter.
- Adam Ficek, drummer of London band Babyshambles.
- Lee Hasdell, professional Mixed martial artist and Kickboxer, and Pioneer of Mixed martial arts in the UK.
- James Hildreth, cricketer who plays for Somerset and has played for England.
- Liam Kelly, professional footballer for Kilmarnock F.C.
- Jim Marshall, founder and CEO of Marshall Amplification was living in and ran his business from Milton Keynes when he died.
- Shelly McErlaine and Karen Poole of Alisha's Attic lived in Milton Keynes, and their parents still live in Neath Hill.
- Gordon Moakes, the bassist for the London-based rock band Bloc Party.
- Clare Nasir, the meteorologist, TV and radio personality, was born in Milton Keynes in 1970.
- Craig Pickering, English sprinter.
- Sarah Pinborough, English horror writer.
- Ian Poulter, PGA & European Tour golf professional. Member of the 2010 and 2012 European Ryder Cup Teams.
- Mark Randall, professional footballer for Chesterfield.
- Greg Rutherford, Long Jump gold medallist for Team GB at the 2012 Olympic Games.
- Jack Trevor Story, novelist, was a long-term resident of Milton Keynes.
- Sam Tomkins, Wigan Warriors and England international rugby league player, was born in Milton Keynes.
- Alan Turing, played a significant role in the creation of the modern computer. He lodged at the Crown Inn, Shenley Brook End, while working at Bletchley Park.
- Dan Wheldon, Indy car driver.
- Pete Winkelman, Chairman of Milton Keynes Dons Football Club, owner of Linford Manor recording studios, long term resident.
Read more about this topic: Milton Keynes
Other articles related to "notable people":
... Coordinates 42°42′00″N 88°48′22″W / 42.7°N 88.80611°W / 42.7 -88.80611. ...
Famous quotes containing the words people and/or notable:
“Happiness does not consist in things themselves but in the relish we have of them; and a man has attained it when he enjoys what he loves and desires himself, and not what other people think lovely and desirable.”
—François, Duc De La Rochefoucauld (16131680)
“a notable prince that was called King John;
And he ruled England with main and with might,
For he did great wrong, and maintained little right.”
—Unknown. King John and the Abbot of Canterbury (l. 24)