Meaning may refer to:
- Meaning (linguistics), meaning which is communicated through the use of language
- Meaning (non-linguistic), extra-linguistic meaning (intentional communication without the use of language), and natural meaning, where no intentions are involved at all
- Meaning (semiotics) has to do with the distribution of signs in sign relations
- Meaning as a relationship between ontology and truth
- Meaning as a reference or equivalence
- Meaning (philosophy of language)
- Meaning (psychology)
- Meaning as values, a value system or as derived from value theory
- Meaning (existential), as it is understood in contemporary existentialism
- The meaning of life, a notion concerning the nature of human existence
- Meaning (House), an episode of the TV series House
Other articles related to "meaning":
... According to Will Wilkinson of the libertarian think tank Cato Institute, studies show that higher economic freedom correlates strongly with higher self-reported happiness ... According to Tomi Ovaska and Ryo Takashima, economic freedom research suggests "that people unmistakably care about the degree to which the society where they live provides them opportunities and the freedom to undertake new projects, strongly with and make choices based on one's personal preferences." According to the Cato Institute, higher economic freedom promotes participation and collaboration ...
... The city was also at one point referred to as Ankh-Tawy (meaning "Life of the Two Lands"), stressing the strategic position of the city between Upper and Lower Egypt. 1550 BCE), the city became known as Men-nefer (meaning "enduring and beautiful"), which became Menfe in Coptic ... Manetho referred to Memphis as Hut-ka-Ptah (meaning "Enclosure of the ka of Ptah"), which he approximated in Greek as Aί γυ πτoς (Ai-gy-ptos), from which derives the Latin AEGYPTVS ...
... quinzena (Portuguese and Catalan), and quinzaine (French), all meaning "15 days" (because of inclusive counting) in Italian is also in use the word "bisettimanale" with the ... (dekapenthímero), meaning "15 days", is also used ... In Welsh, the term pythefnos, meaning "15 nights", is used instead ...
... The meaning of the river name is unknown but it is possibly derived from etja (meaning "push forward") or eta (meaning "eat") ...
Famous quotes containing the word meaning:
“The fact that life has no meaning is a reason to livemoreover, the only one.”
—E.M. Cioran (b. 1911)
“Father, father! The chariots of Israel and its horsemen!”
—Bible: Hebrew, 2 Kings 2:12.
Elisha of Elijah, meaning he is more important than these.
“The meaning of the Street in all ways and at all times is the need for sharing life with others and the search for community.”
—Virginia Hamilton (b. 1936)