Marble Hill is the name of several places:
- Marble Hill, County Donegal, a village in County Donegal, Republic of Ireland
- Marble Hill, Missouri, a place in Missouri in the United States of America
- Marble Hill, Manhattan, a section of the borough of Manhattan in New York City
- Marble Hill – 225th Street (IRT Broadway – Seventh Avenue Line), a subway station serving that neighborhood via the 1 train
- Marble Hill (Metro-North station), a Metro-North Hudson Line commuter rail station serving that neighborhood
- Marble Hill, South Australia, the ruined vice-regal residence in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia
- Marble Hill House, a villa on the banks of the River Thames near London, UK
- Marble Hill Park, an English Heritage park surrounding Marble Hill House
- Marble Hill Nuclear Power Plant, an unfinished nuclear power plant in southern Indiana, USA
Other articles related to "marble hill":
... Construction at Marble Hill began in 1977 and ended in 1984, when the Public Service Company of Indiana (PSI), now Duke Energy, abandoned the half-finished nuclear power plant ... nuclear construction project ever abandoned, Marble Hill was a devastating setback for the troubled nuclear power industry, which saw more than 100 plant ... Long before 1984, Marble Hill had been a controversial enterprise ...
... Marble Hill at one time was part of Manhattan Island, but the Harlem River Ship Canal, dug in 1895 to improve navigation on the Harlem River, separated it ... Before World War I, the section of the original Harlem River channel separating Marble Hill from The Bronx was filled in, and Marble Hill became part ... Marble Hill is one example of how Manhattan's land has been considerably altered by human intervention ...
... Marble Hill Park is an area of 66 acres (270,000 m2) of parkland in Twickenham, Middlesex ... within the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, it is an English Heritage site that surrounds Marble Hill House, a Palladian villa that was originally built for Henrietta Howard, the mistress of ...
... In March 2007, the State Government of South Australia again called for expressions of interest in the future development and management of the Marble Hill site ... Twelve interested parties sought information, and one proposal was received ...
... R-II School District - Patton Meadow Heights High School Woodland R-IV School District - Marble Hill Woodland High School Zalma R-V School District ...
Famous quotes containing the words hill and/or marble:
“headland beyond stormy headland plunging like dolphins through the
Into pale sea, look west at the hill of water: it is half the
planet: this dome, this half-globe, this bulging
Eyeball of water,”
—Robinson Jeffers (18871962)
“In a time of confusion and rapid change like the present, when terms are continually turning inside out and the names of things hardly keep their meaning from day to day, its not possible to write two honest paragraphs without stopping to take crossbearings on every one of the abstractions that were so well ranged in ornate marble niches in the minds of our fathers.”
—John Dos Passos (18961970)