Maker or Makers may refer to:
- Maker subculture, contemporary subculture, representing a technology-based extension of DIY culture
- Maker, Cornwall, village in Cornwall, England, United Kingdom
- Michael J. Maker (born 1969), American trainer of Thoroughbred racehorses
- T/Maker, personal computer software company
- The Maker (book), or Dreamtigers, book by the Argentine author Jorge Luis Borges
- The Maker (film), 1997 American drama film
- Makers (album), the 2006 album from Seattle singer-songwriter Rocky Votolato
- Makers (magazine), the hardback book spinning off of the O'Reilly Media quarterly magazine Make which focuses on do-it-yourself (DIY) projects
- Makers (Cory Doctorow novel), the 2009 novel from Cory Doctorow
- The Makers (American band), a garage rock/rock-n-roll band from Spokane, Washington, formed in 1991
- The Makers (Australian band), a band formed around 1988
Other articles related to "maker, makers":
12, 1924 – January 25, 2011) was a British flute maker who apprenticed at Rudall Carte until the war ... to Rudall Carte but left in 1959 and set himself up as flute maker ...
... There is a set of tools to support the development in the Softwell Maker platform ... control of system objects – The Softwell Maker IDE automatically supports the latest copies of each object changed, restoration points of all software Project Packer – saves all the software ... Registry of functions – The Maker API can be extended by this interface, enabling the development of applications that are of the native support of the Softwell ...
... Beside stamps that are related to his patents as The Improved Call and Improve call maker Glasgow, earlier escargots-types of his the stamp Glasgow ... Auld had stamped many of his distributors as "Makers", such as 'J Christie Maker Glasgow', 'J McFarlane Maker Glasgow', 'J Reid Maker Glasgow', 'Burnley Maker Glasgow', 'Beech Maker', 'A Marshall Glasgow' and 'Bu ...
... The Softwell Maker platform is composed of two interdependent products, an IDE and a royalty-free runtime, respectively called Maker and Webrun ... Using Softwell Maker so many steps from traditional development process are useless, skipped or automatically filled when we are developing software using this tool ...
Famous quotes containing the word maker:
“The rich and the poor have this in common: the LORD is the maker of them all.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Proverbs 22:2.
“But the lightning which explodes and fashions planets, maker of planets and suns, is in him. On one side elemental order, sandstone and granite, rock-ledges, peat-bog, forest, sea and shore; and on the other part, thought, the spirit which composes and decomposes nature,here they are, side by side, god and devil, mind and matter, king and conspirator, belt and spasm, riding peacefully together in the eye and brain of every man.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“If I were a maker of books I should compile a register, with comments, of different deaths. He who should teach people to die, would teach them to live.”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)