Politics and Law
- Hubert Vo – Texas state representative
- Janet Nguyen – Orange County Board of Supervisors.
- John Quoc Duong – As President George W. Bush's appointee, he served as the Executive Director of The White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
- John Tran – First Vietnamese-American Mayor in US, Mayor of Rosemead, California
- Joseph Cao – First Vietnamese-American Congressman representing Louisiana's 2nd congressional district
- Kok Ksor – president of the Montagnard Foundation, Inc.
- Lan Cao – law professor, novelist.
- Jacqueline H. Nguyen – United States Circuit Judge. The first Vietnamese-American federal judge. First Asian-American woman to sit on the federal appellate court.
- Madison Nguyen – San Jose City Council member.
- Mina Nguyen – Deputy Assistant Secretary for Business Affairs and Public Liaison at the US Treasury Department.
- Huu Chanh Nguyen – founder and former Prime Minister of the Government of Free Vietnam
- Phuc Buu Chanh Nguyen – president of the Vietnamese Constitutional Monarchist League, member of Vietnam's Nguyễn Dynasty
- Tony Lam – the first Vietnamese-American elected official. Former Westminster, California city council.
- Van Tran – California State Assemblyman
- Viet D. Dinh – former United States Assistant Attorney General who drafted the USA Patriot Act
Other articles related to "politics and law, law, laws":
... Forms of corruption vary, but include bribery, extortion, cronyism, nepotism, patronage, graft, and embezzlement ... While corruption may facilitate criminal enterprise such as drug trafficking, money laundering, and trafficking, it is not restricted to these activities ...
... Government that created New Jersey's Optional Municipal Charter Law, better known eponymously as the Faulkner Act ...
... Japan has no laws against homosexual activity, and has some legal protections for gay individuals ... While civil rights laws do not extend to protection from discrimination based on sexual orientation, some governments have enacted such laws ... The government of Tokyo has passed laws that ban discrimination in employment based on sexual identity ...
Famous quotes containing the words law and/or politics:
“America has always been a country of amateurs where the professional, that is to say, the man who claims authority as a member of an élite which knows the law in some field or other, is an object of distrust and resentment.”
—W.H. (Wystan Hugh)
“In politics if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.”
—Margaret Thatcher (b. 1925)