This list of dog diseases is a continuously updated selection of diseases and other conditions found in the dog. Some of these diseases are unique to dogs or closely related species, while others are found in other animals, including humans. Not all of the articles listed here contain information specific to dogs. These articles are marked with an asterisk (*)
Animal Infections Rabies (hydrophobia) is a fatal viral disease that can affect any mammal, although the close relationship of dogs with humans makes canine rabies a zoonotic concern. Vaccination of dogs for rabies is commonly required by law. Please see the article dog health for information on this disease in dogs.
- Canine parvovirus is a sometimes fatal gastrointestinal infection that mainly affects puppies. It occurs worldwide.
- Canine coronavirus is a gastrointestinal disease that is usually asymptomatic or with mild clinical signs. The signs are worse in puppies.
- Canine distemper is an often fatal infectious disease that mainly has respiratory and neurologic signs.
- Canine influenza is a newly emerging infectious respiratory disease. Up to 80 percent of dogs infected will have symptoms, but the mortality rate is only 5 to 8 percent.
- Infectious canine hepatitis is a sometimes fatal infectious disease of the liver.
- Canine herpesvirus is an infectious disease that is a common cause of death in puppies less than three weeks old.
- Pseudorabies is an infectious disease that primarily affects swine, but can also cause a fatal disease in dogs with signs similar to rabies.
- Canine minute virus is an infectious disease that can cause respiratory and gastrointestinal signs in young puppies.
Read more about List Of Dog Diseases: Bacterial Infections, Fungal Infections, Protozoal Diseases, Parasites, Skeletal and Muscular Disorders, Cardiovascular and Circulatory, Nervous System, Eyes, Ears, Skin, Cancers, Behavioral, Environmental, Endocrine Diseases, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Urinary and Reproductive Systems, Poisons and Overdoses, Miscellaneous
Other articles related to "list of dog diseases, disease, dogs":
... Vertigo*, better known as vestibular disease* in dogs, is an uncommon condition in older dogs ... Idiopathic vestibular disease will usually resolve in a few days to a few weeks ... gland problems are a very common issue with dogs ...
Famous quotes containing the words list of, diseases, list and/or dog:
“Modern tourist guides have helped raised tourist expectations. And they have provided the nativesfrom Kaiser Wilhelm down to the villagers of Chichacestenangowith a detailed and itemized list of what is expected of them and when. These are the up-to- date scripts for actors on the tourists stage.”
—Daniel J. Boorstin (b. 1914)
“A fiction about soft or easy deaths ... is part of the mythology of most diseases that are not considered shameful or demeaning.”
—Susan Sontag (b. 1933)
“Hey, you dress up our town very nicely. You dont look out the Chamber of Commerce is going to list you in their publicity with the local attractions.”
—Robert M. Fresco, and Jack Arnold. Dr. Matt Hastings (John Agar)
“A dog in desperation will leap over a wall.”