List Of Bengali-language Authors (chronological)
This is a Chronological list of Bengali language authors (regardless of nationality or religion), by date of birth. Alphabetical order is used only when chronological order cannot be ascertained.
The list also marks the winners of major international and national awards:
- Nobel Prize winners are marked with
- Ramon Magsaysay Award winners are marked with:
- Bharat Ratna winners are marked with:
- Padma Vibhushan winners are marked with:
- Padma Bhushan winners are marked with:
- Independence Day Award winners are marked with: and
- Ekushey Padak winners are marked with: .
- Banga-Vibhushan winners are marked with:.
For an alphabetic listing of Bengali language authors please refer to alphabetic list of Bengali language authors.
Famous quotes containing the words authors and/or list:
“Books, the oldest and the best, stand naturally and rightfully on the shelves of every cottage. They have no cause of their own to plead, but while they enlighten and sustain the reader his common sense will not refuse them. Their authors are a natural and irresistible aristocracy in every society, and, more than kings or emperors, exert an influence on mankind.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Feminism is an entire world view or gestalt, not just a laundry list of womens issues.”
—Charlotte Bunch (b. 1944)