Precepts of Kappa Delta Rho
As a Brother of the National Fraternity of Kappa Delta Rho, I have but one aim: to lead an honorable life.
To this end, I am bound by my words and actions to:
- Embrace the principles and spirit of the KDR Gentleman, treating all those I encounter with dignity and respect;
- Work diligently in the pursuit of my education, understanding that I am a student first and that the quest for knowledge is an endeavor which will last a lifetime;
- Meet all of my obligations to the Fraternity in a timely manner, so as to ensure that I am doing my share and that I am not a burden to my brothers;
- Engage in the service of mankind, not for the praise or recognition that such service may bring, but because it is the right thing to do;
- Serve as my brothers’ keeper, holding them accountable for their actions as they hold me accountable for mine, and
- Support my Alma Mater, that she may view Kappa Delta Rho as a partner in the development of her students.
I understand that my membership in Kappa Delta Rho is a lifelong privilege that is contingent upon my willingness to incorporate the values of the Fraternity into my daily life and uphold the oath I have sworn. As I speak these words I once again to affirm to my brothers, and all who hear me, that I am a KDR Gentleman and I will place Honor Above All Things.
Honor Super Omnia!
Famous quotes containing the word precepts:
“Thy Godlike crime was to be kind,
To render with thy precepts less
The sum of human wretchedness,
And strengthen Man with his own mind;”
—George Gordon Noel Byron (17881824)