Major North American factories include:
- Waterloo Works (foundry, engines, large agricultural tractors, drive trains, service parts, product engineering center) Waterloo, Iowa
- Harvester Works (large combine harvesters) East Moline, Illinois
- Cylinder Division (hydraulic cylinders) Moline, Illinois
- Seeding Group (planting equipment) Moline, Illinois and Valley City, North Dakota
- Davenport Works (wheel loaders, motor graders, articulated dump trucks, forestry equipment) Davenport, Iowa
- Dubuque Works (backhoes, crawlers, skid-steer loaders, forestry equipment) Dubuque, Iowa
- Des Moines Works (tillage equipment, cotton harvesters, sprayers) Ankeny, Iowa
- Ottumwa Works (hay and forage equipment) Ottumwa, Iowa
- Thibodaux Works (cane harvesting equipment, scrapers) Thibodaux, Louisiana
- Horicon Works (lawn & garden and turf care) Horicon, Wisconsin
- Augusta Works (small commercial and agricultural tractors) Augusta, Georgia
- Turf Care (Specialty golf equipment and commercial mowing) Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
- Industrias John Deere (agricultural tractors; construction equipment) (Saltillo, Mexico)
- Motores John Deere (Power Systems; 6- and 4-cylinder engines) Torreon, Mexico.
Other important factories:
- John Deere Usine Saran (Power Systems) Fleury-les-Aubrais, France
- John Deere Equipment Pvt Ltd (5000-series tractors) Pune, India
- John Deere Werke Mannheim (6000-series tractors) Mannheim, Germany
- John Deere Werke Zweibrücken (harvesting equipment) Zweibrücken, Germany
- John Deere Fabriek Horst (pulled & self-propelled agricultural sprayers) Horst, The Netherlands
- John Deere Forestry Oy (forwarders, wheeled harvesters) Joensuu, Finland
- John Deere Reman remanufacturing components for off-highway vehicles: facilities in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (cylinders, axles, transmissions, pumps, hydraulic and powertrain components) and Springfield, Missouri, USA (engines, fuel systems, turbochargers).
- Sabo (consumer and commercial lawn equipment) Gummersbach, Germany
Read more about this topic: John Deere
Other articles related to "factories":
... This list of Volkswagen Group factories details the current and former manufacturing facilities operated by the automotive concern Volkswagen Group, and its subsidiaries ... As of February 2010, it has 61 production plants and factories in fifteen European countries, along with six countries in the Americas, Asia, and Africa ...
... However, with the accumulation of profit, quite a few of those factories invest a lot of money to improve their equipment ... Some factories also get investment from someone other than family members ... Nowadays, a significant portion of Shanzhai factories are no longer ill-equipped or family-based ...
... Map of all coordinates from Google Map of first 200 coordinates from Bing Export all coordinates as KML Export all coordinates as GeoRSS Map of all microformatted coordinates Place data as RDF This transport-related list is incomplete you can help by expanding it Notes In the second column of the table- the 'factory VIN ID code', this is indicated in the 11th digit of the vehicles' 17 digit Vehicle Identification Number, and this factory code is only assigned to plants which produce actual completed vehicles ... Component factories which do not produce complete vehicles do not have this factory ID code ...
... engineering can be traced to factories in the mid 19th century USA and 18th century UK ... British colonies in the 19th century built factories simply as buildings where a large number of workers gathered to perform hand labor, usually in textile production ... such as the steam engine and the power loom to pioneer the industrial factories of the 19th century, where precision machine tools and replaceable parts allowed greater efficiency and less waste ...
... provided a source of hydropower for the factories which were built along its course and its water was employed in the bleaching processes of the adjacent ... Pallanza and other places in the area as well as the factories nearby ...
Famous quotes containing the word factories:
“She saw in the rainbow the earths new architecture, the old, brittle corruption of houses and factories swept away, the world built up in a living fabric of Truth, fitting to the over-arching heaven.”
—D.H. (David Herbert)
“All great art, and today all great artlessness, must appear extreme to the mass of men, as we know them today. It springs from the anguish of great souls. From the souls of men not formed, but deformed in factories whose inspiration is pelf.”
—Alexander Trocchi (19251983)
“This is not only a war of soldiers in uniform. It is a war of the people, of all the people, and it must be fought not only on the battlefield but in the cities and the villages, in the factories and on the farms, in the home and in the heart of every man, woman and child who loves freedom.”
—Arthur Wimperis (18741953)