- Loading new page content or submitting data to the server via AJAX without reloading the page (for example, a social network might allow the user to post status updates without leaving the page)
- Animation of page elements, fading them in and out, resizing them, moving them, etc.
- Interactive content, for example games, and playing audio and video
- Validating input values of a web form to make sure that they are acceptable before being submitted to the server.
- Transmitting information about the user's reading habits and browsing activities to various websites. Web pages frequently do this for web analytics, ad tracking, personalization or other purposes.
Other articles related to "use in web pages, web, page":
Famous quotes containing the words pages and/or web:
“Mathematics may be compared to a mill of exquisite workmanship, which grinds your stuff of any degree of fineness; but nevertheless, what you get out depends upon what you put in; and as the grandest mill in the world will not extract wheat- flour from peascods, so pages of formulae will not get a definite result out of loose data.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley (182595)
“These seem like bristles, and the hide is tough.
No claw or web here: each foot ends in hoof.”
—Thom Gunn (b. 1929)